Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US Army Orders Additional M4 Carbines from Colt & FN

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    I wish the Canadian government would jump in on this order and phase out the C7 from the Infantry lines
    Buddy's son is at Borden right now and was voluntold To go try out a bunch of different pistols. Can't say what though but it looks like they are finally looking at replacing the hipower
    Last edited by rikkards; 11-17-2018 at 10:43 AM.

They were looking at it in 2012 lol

They're probably trying to reinvent the wheel by ruining a perfect design and stamping a maple leaf on it.

Honestly thought, the only time I've seen a pistol used in 16 years was to go to and from the chow hall. I'd rather see more appropriate weapons for the Infantry than cool new pistols for all the support trade to carry instead of carrying a rifle...
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

I wish the Canadian government would jump in on this order and phase out the C7 from the Infantry lines
    I thought we did with those colt canada mrr rifles, whatever they are called.. the monolithic handguard ones.

I think those along with IUR went the CANSOFCOM way, which make sense since they actually use theirs more than once a year.
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Nice good too see Colt get a contract. Hopefully use it to clear off the debt fast and buy new machines. Upgrade there factory. And move most of its operation to a state that makes more sense. FN I have little worries about.

CGN Regular
    They were looking at it in 2012 lol

They're probably trying to reinvent the wheel by ruining a perfect design and stamping a maple leaf on it.

Honestly thought, the only time I've seen a pistol used in 16 years was to go to and from the chow hall. I'd rather see more appropriate weapons for the Infantry than cool new pistols for all the support trade to carry instead of carrying a rifle...
    Let's not talk about the MHP my dad was on that from project inception to about 3 years ago.

I suspect they are being forced just like the Enfields for the Rangers in that they are getting harder to source.
    Last edited by rikkards; 11-18-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123