Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ......

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Short Barreled Shotguns are class 3 NFA weapons in the US.
    I hope they change this though... I want a 590 Night Stick.
    Even if they are class 3 NFA in the US (SBS or AOW) , what stopping you from getting one ?

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Even if they are class 3 NFA in the US (SBS or AOW) , what stopping you from getting one ?

Explain plz
    Peace is the time it takes to reload your riffle- BoB DylaN

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Donrozon View Post
    Explain plz
    Is there anything that is stopping you from buying one in the US and import it in Canada ? even if it's a class 3 NFA firearm ?

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 11-26-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

Quote Originally Posted by Helsinki Cowboy View Post
    That pic is of an AOW , not an SBS (no shoulder stock from factory) . $5 Tax Stamp ... not a $300 Class 3 Tax Stamp . In Canada the OAL is 26.5 inches ....non restricted ......not a RCMP friendly concept .
    Respectfully, I cannot find any information that relates to a factory shoulder stock defining it's classification in the US.
    All information that I can find points to it being an SBS (short barreled shotgun)
    You are correct, it is a non restricted firearm here in Canada.
    I do not believe the RCMP have anything to do with this not being exported from the US.

I admit, I do not know the full answer to that. I inquired with Irunguns to see if I could buy one from their US site. here
    I was told they could not be brought in and unfortunately this was on their website chat, so I cannot quote what was said.
    I'm not sure, but I thought they said it was considered a defensive item, and defence items cannot be exported. (I may have read that elsewhere)
    I am sure, Irunguns said that they are hoping this will change soon, perhaps in the new year.
    They added my email to be notified if/when it changes.

I do know that the BATF deals with shotgun regulations in the US.
    There have been threads about this here on CGN over the years.
    Earlier on in this thread, Irunguns has stated that it is the BATF that prevents the export.
    Perhaps Irunguns simply does not have the proper license to export them? I do not know.
    The rules/laws/regulations are very convoluted and confusing in this regard with ITAR, NFA, BATF and even Homeland Security...
    I've been looking for the answer, but it seems the regulations change all the time and I do not wish to further confuse.
    I wish it was just as easy as filling out this form.

I would also love the Tac 14 just as much, I own an 870, but on a little shotgun like this, I would prefer the thumb safety.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Respectfully, I cannot find any information that relates to a factory shoulder stock defining it's classification in the US.
    All information that I can find points to it being an SBS (short barreled shotgun)
    You are correct, it is a non restricted firearm here in Canada.
    I do not believe the RCMP have anything to do with this not being exported from the US.

I admit, I do not know the full answer to that. I inquired with Irunguns to see if I could buy one from their US site. here
    I was told they could not be brought in and unfortunately this was on their website chat, so I cannot quote what was said.
    I'm not sure, but I thought they said it was considered a defensive item, and defence items cannot be exported. (I may have read that elsewhere)
    I am sure, Irunguns said that they are hoping this will change soon, perhaps in the new year.
    They added my email to be notified if/when it changes.

I do know that the BATF deals with shotgun regulations in the US.
    There have been threads about this here on CGN over the years.
    Earlier on in this thread, Irunguns has stated that it is the BATF that prevents the export.
    Perhaps Irunguns simply does not have the proper license to export them? I do not know.
    The rules/laws/regulations are very convoluted and confusing in this regard with ITAR, NFA, BATF and even Homeland Security...
    I've been looking for the answer, but it seems the regulations change all the time and I do not wish to further confuse.
    I wish it was just as easy as filling out this form.

I would also love the Tac 14 just as much, I own an 870, but on a little shotgun like this, I would prefer the thumb safety.
    Forget the regulations. Did you ask Irunguns if they would export one (SBS or AOW) and import it in Canada for you if you can source one yourself from a class 3 dealer in the US ?

Forget the regulations. Did you ask Irunguns if they would export one (SBS or AOW) and import it in Canada for you if you can source one yourself from a class 3 dealer in the US ?
    No I did not, but I don't believe it has to do with Irungun's dealer's licence (FFL) ... after all, they are selling them, right?
    I believe the problem is with export only and that would include any source or seller of the firearm.

Perhaps Irunguns will chime in or maybe someone else, but I suspect they are tired of trying to explain stupidity.

It is not the firearm that is the problem. ALL shotgun barrels under 18" are restricted through the US State Dept. and currently only exportable to LE and the Military. The barrel length is the regulated part of the weapon and we are currently working with State on this.

We will advise when we have further updates.

This currently effects all shotguns with barrels under 18.0 regardless of Caliber. IE the Mossberg Shockwave and the Remington Tac-14.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    It is not the firearm that is the problem. ALL shotgun barrels under 18" are restricted through the US State Dept. and currently only exportable to LE and the Military. The barrel length is the regulated part of the weapon and we are currently working with State on this.

OK ! So the laws in the US has change then, because i was able to import thru your company a few AOW shotguns a few years ago without problems.

But if i understand , this is not possible anymore.

Well ! Seems that i have a few collector items then !
    Last edited by McCoy; 11-15-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post

This currently effects all shotguns with barrels under 18.0 regardless of Caliber. IE the Mossberg Shockwave and the Remington Tac-14.
    Thank you for this clarification.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast