Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M14 parts kits - On Sale

I bought three, i have had two built...can't complain , except it hurts when you see them on sale for 300.00 less......but if you wait two long you loose out... can't win. but i have had two really nice rifles built already. standard barrels. one barrel was worn. the other not bad 0.2 on o-10 scale. so, it's true they were "even steven" on their grading , no complaints there.

Can anyone testify to a perceivable improvement to accuracy/consistancy on an M305 with these? I have the improved guide rod and polished up my trigger on mine and I'm wondering at what kind of difference I would see at say, 200m.

Where would a guy find a receiver for these?

Use a Norinco receiver.... it’s cast not forged like most US receivers...
    Hanser " Procrastinate now, don't put it off "
    -God Bless North America - Especially Alberta!!!
    -Some people are just dying to meet a Paramedic... Please God! Not ANOTHER learning experience!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    (Its not the ZOMBIES that scare me, it is THE NEW WORLD ORDER)

Built one on an LRB receiver. Shoots like a hot damn.
    Parts were definately ''used'' but barrel was very good.

Now I want a second one, just because...

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Penguin View Post
    Can anyone testify to a perceivable improvement to accuracy/consistancy on an M305 with these? I have the improved guide rod and polished up my trigger on mine and I'm wondering at what kind of difference I would see at say, 200m.
    I did a full build and tune on a kit with (John)M14 Medic bedding, unitizing, etc. along with Nick at Vulcan Gun for refinishing the whole works and engraving on an M305 receiver. I'm able to get 1 Moa with ease with good ammo at 200m. Not a cheap project mind you but I love it! Took it hunting this season too. Heavy beast but my hunting area is in my backyard essentially so I don't have to lug it to far from the truck usually.

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewe View Post
    I did a full build and tune on a kit with (John)M14 Medic bedding, unitizing, etc. along with Nick at Vulcan Gun for refinishing the whole works and engraving on an M305 receiver. I'm able to get 1 Moa with ease with good ammo at 200m. Not a cheap project mind you but I love it! Took it hunting this season too. Heavy beast but my hunting area is in my backyard essentially so I don't have to lug it to far from the truck usually.
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by hfp75 View Post
    Use a Norinco receiver.... it’s cast not forged like most US receivers...
    i hate to be the correction police but this advice is not correct.
    Springfield armoury and some other US companies use investment cast receivers.
    Chinese receivers , USGI m14 receivers and some US companies use forged receivers. Chinese receivers previous to 2012 were all made with forged receivers. Not sure about anything newer than 2012, others would have to chime in on that.
    Forged chinese receivers have long been regarded as the next best thing to USGI ....... it's kinda how this entire m14 community here got it's wings and here we all are still..... what's it, 14 cgn years later

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Don't have a pic of any targets I'll have to remember to back up my talk with proof next time! I'm not one for taking pics but my hunting partner snagged this while we were out a couple weeks ago that'll prove I lug it around at least! LOL

Name:  44986415_1958010350984998_2661469535432867840_n.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  78.3 KB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Forged chinese receivers have long been regarded as the next best thing to USGI
    Not the ones where the specs are off. Be careful with M305 receivers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast