Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M14 parts kits - On Sale

Quote Originally Posted by b-wingpilot View Post
    Israel
    hmm didnt get one with my "kits"...."no fair"! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phils View Post
    To the ones who built those kits, where did you get your receivers? I was looking for a project like this but I don't feel like buying a complete M305 just to strip the receiver from it.
    I bought my LRB from Wolverine. ###### carries them now too, along with Fulton ones that are claimed to be the best cast one's you can buy. Most simply grabbed a healthy Norc and did the swap since the rifle as a whole was cheaper than any American made receiver offered at the time (and still is). I'm looking to offload a norc or two, PM me if you're interested.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Tagged for interest .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Issues that I see:

- Lots of folks bought M305s for cheap 10 or more years ago for $400. some in multiples. Lots out there.
    With a bit of tuning and hand loading or decent surplus, they are or can be a good 2-3 Moa gun.
    - Buying a surplus kit for more than the M305 rifle was worth to begin with, from a bin with unknown quality, and you still have the same capability for accuracy? Not too many are going to sign on to that.
    - Swapping M-14 stuff isn't for the average tinkerer, so there is more insofar as knowledge base required that guys are going to shy away from.
    - Buying an LRB or Fulton receiver and then adding the parts kit? seems to me it makes more sense to just buy a decent Springer or LRB to start.
    Now with some AR-10 style rifles that are out there in kit form and built for similar money? ARs are dead nuts simple to wrench on, and don't require 'smithing skills necessarily, so there is that too.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    Issues that I see:

- Lots of folks bought M305s for cheap 10 or more years ago for $400. some in multiples. Lots out there.
    With a bit of tuning and hand loading or decent surplus, they are or can be a good 2-3 Moa gun.
    - Buying a surplus kit for more than the M305 rifle was worth to begin with, from a bin with unknown quality, and you still have the same capability for accuracy? Not too many are going to sign on to that.
    - Swapping M-14 stuff isn't for the average tinkerer, so there is more insofar as knowledge base required that guys are going to shy away from.
    - Buying an LRB or Fulton receiver and then adding the parts kit? seems to me it makes more sense to just buy a decent Springer or LRB to start.
    Now with some AR-10 style rifles that are out there in kit form and built for similar money? ARs are dead nuts simple to wrench on, and don't require 'smithing skills necessarily, so there is that too.
    So true...this is exactly why I stoped thinking about building one myself...I am no hardcore historian

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Where i see the value in the parts kits is in the sights, flash hider, gas cylinder and trigger group and having a spare oprod and bolt is always a good thing. So really, for the price of the kit you are getting a bunch of very useable parts for a build or to just upgrade your existing M1A or m305 without removing it's barrel.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    Where i see the value in the parts kits is in the sights, flash hider, gas cylinder and trigger group and having a spare oprod and bolt is always a good thing. So really, for the price of the kit you are getting a bunch of very useable parts for a build or to just upgrade your existing M1A or m305 without removing it's barrel.
    I don*t know where else you can find a USGI trigger group or bolt at the moment. Sights are not much easier to come by. With the state of current Chicom M305s, I’d much rather one of these kits and a US reciever. Glad Wolverine brought these in. My bank account is not as happy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234