Thread: License issued. Can I call CFP for PAL info?

License issued. Can I call CFP for PAL info?

Just wondering if I can call the CFP for my PAL information so I can start online shopping. Has anyone done this before? Would I get in any trouble if my firearm came in before my license, given I don't take it anywhere and just keep it at home until my license arrives?

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I'd wait until its in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    I'd wait until its in your hand.
    Fair enough. I waited this long for my PAL what's another week right?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Stores will want to see your pal card, with your photo on it, not take the info scribbled on a piece of paper, it would look awful suspicious to them,

Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    Stores will want to see your pal card, with your photo on it, not take the info scribbled on a piece of paper, it would look awful suspicious to them,
    Haha that would look awfully suspicious. I meant online stores as they only require name, pal number, address and birthdate.

I did this. No problem at all.
    Btw I did my shopping online so I don't need the physical card.

The second day after putting the order, the card arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladiesman217 View Post
    Just wondering if I can call the CFP for my PAL information so I can start online shopping. Has anyone done this before? Would I get in any trouble if my firearm came in before my license, given I don't take it anywhere and just keep it at home until my license arrives?

Thanks
    That's what I did the day my license was issued. Joined a range and bought an AR lower right after calling. The restricted transfer made sure I had the card in hand about a week before the lower was even shipped.

As for a non-restricted, it's a grey area:
    - There's a chance you could get the gun and no one would ever know or care. The police aren't notified for non-restricted purchases.
    - There's also a chance your house gets raided by the police because they got the address wrong on a search warrant for a drug raid. Those cops arrest you because you can't show them a license.
    - There's also a chance your house gets raided by the police because they got the address wrong on a search warrant for a drug raid. Those cops look you up on CPIC and see you're licensed, and never even ask for your card.
    - There's also a chance your house gets broken into and only your TV or computer stolen, and maybe the police are called by a neighbour, and they enter your house to secure it, and find the firearm. Those cops arrest you because you can't show them a license.
    - There's also a chance your house gets broken into and only your TV or computer stolen, and maybe the police are called by a neighbour, and they enter your house to secure it, and find the firearm. Those cops look you up on CPIC and see you're licensed, and never even ask for your card.

See the pattern? Lots of ifs around things completely out of your control. Your mileage may vary.

CGN frequent flyer
    To give some context I live out in Alberta so my pal took about 5 days to get here, sent on Friday and received it on Tuesday or Wednesday. Since you most likely will place your order at most a few days before the PAL is shipped most orders will arrive after your PAL so I wouldn’t worry to much.

This exact thing happened with me, I ordered ammo the day my PAL was issued and it showed up a day after my card.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by MattE93 View Post
    To give some context I live out in Alberta so my pal took about 5 days to get here, sent on Friday and received it on Tuesday or Wednesday. Since you most likely will place your order at most a few days before the PAL is shipped most orders will arrive after your PAL so I wouldn’t worry to much.

This exact thing happened with me, I ordered ammo the day my PAL was issued and it showed up a day after my card.
    That's just a few reasons I like Alberta

CGN Regular
    Right now with the CP strikes everything is taking much longer. Im waiting for my PAL card too. I doubt I'll see it this week (I'm in Ontario). It's been a week thus far.