Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XCR 10 round 308 pistol mags in Canada 25.48USD

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    I ordered two and they do not work in my Stag 10, won't stay locked in.

If I slap them in real hard they will catch, but as soon as the bolt carrier moves they fall out. Also, tilting the mag to one side while inserted will cause it to fall out.

Pretty disappointed, going to see if there's anything I can do to modify it to work.

Same issue here for the two I've received.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You guys having issues ..... do you have a standard issue stag-10 mag release?
    I have 2 stag 10 builds going. The CPD xcr-m mags work in one but not the other until I installed an ambi mag release.
    Seems some of the stag-10 factory bolt releases don't have enough meat on them to engage the mags fully.
    They work flawlessly with an ambi release though.

Quote Originally Posted by kilo3niner View Post
    Same issue here for the two I've received.
    We have found on the odd Stag the mag catch is a couple thou larger, everything else we have tried them on is dilemma free. If you use a small file and file the sides of the mag catch on the magazine problem solved.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    We have found on the odd Stag the mag catch is a couple thou larger, everything else we have tried them on is dilemma free. If you use a small file and file the sides of the mag catch on the magazine problem solved.
    Appreciate the help but that doesn't seem to be what was going on with mine. Explaining here for anyone else interested.

I have the standard stag 10 mag release.

It seems like ( for me ) the mags were too narrow for the magwell and the catch wasn't in them deep enough. When you wiggled them from side to side and pulled they would easily fall back out like Keller was describing.

I took IRUNGUNS advice and filed the sides. No change. I believe the mag catch was already going deep enough to begin with since other mags I've tried have worked without issues and filing the SIDES didn't allow the mag catch to insert further.

What DID work was when I bent the top and bottom of the mag catch hole out slightly which took up some of the slack in the magwell. Now both mags feel more solid with less wiggle and will absolutely not pull back out without releasing them.

Just needed a little bit more purchase on the mag catch.

CGN Regular
    Just did the same.

The upper edge of the mag catch cutout in the mag needed bending out slightly. They all work fine now.

P.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    I don't have any issues for inserting, engaging or releasing my ACR mag in my Stag (std parts)... YMMV I guess.
    'nada

Anyone test these out in a BCL-102?
    I write on huntinggearguy.com

This is the side you want to file a bit: Name:  rob-xcrmag30810_1_.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  40.6 KB

Conversely, you can remove the magazine catch/release and see if it does need some filing. The procedure to remove it is the same as any other AR rifle. This video shows how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiF4LcDz1j0

Some rifles need to have the magazine inserted on an open bolt. The angle of the feed lips are slightly different than other magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by kilo3niner View Post
    Appreciate the help but that doesn't seem to be what was going on with mine. Explaining here for anyone else interested.

I have the standard stag 10 mag release.

It seems like ( for me ) the mags were too narrow for the magwell and the catch wasn't in them deep enough. When you wiggled them from side to side and pulled they would easily fall back out like Keller was describing.

I took IRUNGUNS advice and filed the sides. No change. I believe the mag catch was already going deep enough to begin with since other mags I've tried have worked without issues and filing the SIDES didn't allow the mag catch to insert further.

What DID work was when I bent the top and bottom of the mag catch hole out slightly which took up some of the slack in the magwell. Now both mags feel more solid with less wiggle and will absolutely not pull back out without releasing them.

Just needed a little bit more purchase on the mag catch.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Anybody tried these with Modern Hunter (1st version)...?

What about 10 round pistol PMAGs?

These XCR mags sit too low in the Stag and the BCL that I owed, and when the BCG comes forward to pick up the round it hits the trunnion face just below the feed ramps and leaves little dimples.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...10-BCL-102-ect

These work fine in am AR-10. Never had an issue with my ArmaLite.
    Last edited by SSG69; 12-17-2018 at 08:00 PM.
    CCFR
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast