Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XCR 10 round 308 pistol mags in Canada 25.48USD

Just replaced my Stag-10s factory mag catch with a Norgon AR15 Ambi-Catch. Fits perfectly and completely resolves this issue (at least for me)...no filing required...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    Anybody tried these with Modern Hunter (1st version)...?
    I have when the Modern Hunters first came out and had no issues with them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG69 View Post
    What about 10 round pistol PMAGs?

These XCR mags sit too low in the Stag and the BCL that I owed, and when the BCG comes forward to pick up the round it hits the trunnion face just below the feed ramps and leaves little dimples.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...10-BCL-102-ect

These work fine in am AR-10. Never had an issue with my ArmaLite.

If magpul did manufacture 10rd pistol pmags for 556 and 308, those would FLY OFF the shelves at mach 20. Or might not even reach any shelves. lol

You'd probably see people hoarding them and selling them for 100$ on the EE. Closest thing that happened were the few hexamags in 10/30 bodies that some got, before these were 'banned'.
    'nada

CGN Regular
    So these lock up in a Stag 10 just fine but the BCG will not scoop up a round when there are 3 or less rounds in the magazine. Any ideas? Is the spring underpowered?

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-Sniper View Post
    So these lock up in a Stag 10 just fine but the BCG will not scoop up a round when there are 3 or less rounds in the magazine. Any ideas? Is the spring underpowered?
    Define "scoop up"?

If the bcg doesn't clear the mag/rounds after a shot, its the lack of gas.

If the bcg does clear and doesn't have enough oomph to rack a round in, then it's either the (too weak) spring, or there's something catching on a moving part (friction), or it's the actual magazine spring that's not pushing the rounds all the way up in the mag.

Since you're saying this happens when 3 rounds are left in the magazine, I'm leaning towards the magazine being the issue.

do you have an another mag (or pmag) laying around to try it?
    'nada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So these should work in the Dpms AR-10?!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    The mag is definitely the issue. Pmags work just fine. Im just trying to figure out a way to make these mags function properly. When there are 3 rounds or less in the mag, the bcg just sort of pushes them down and scrapes the top round. Almost seems to be seated too low in the mag well.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-Sniper View Post
    The mag is definitely the issue. Pmags work just fine. Im just trying to figure out a way to make these mags function properly. When there are 3 rounds or less in the mag, the bcg just sort of pushes them down and scrapes the top round. Almost seems to be seated too low in the mag well.
    Dang, I've got 5 of those mags also!

I'll be trying them over the weekend and report my findings. It might be mag-to-mag specific.
    'nada

I should have updated my posts a long time ago.

Filing the hole as IRUNGUNS suggested completely fixed the problem for me. The two that I have work flawlessly in my Stag 10 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    I should have updated my posts a long time ago.

Filing the hole as IRUNGUNS suggested completely fixed the problem for me. The two that I have work flawlessly in my Stag 10 now.
    Ah good to know...

I just tried 5 training rounds in one of my mags and no issues for racking 5 rounds up to empty.

Glad it worked out
    'nada

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast