Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8x63-swedish-barrel-blank 99.00 USD

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Sarco ?
    Yup
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    These barrels are originally for the water-cooled gun that's why they are lighter than a standard 1919A4 barrel .
    You will have to make a press fit bushing for the end of the barrel to the same diameter as the 3006 barrel .
    Have that bushing pressed on the end of 8x63 barrel so it will be supported in the barrel bushing in the nose cap .
    You will also need to make a split bushing for the breech end to mimic the size of the 1919A4 barrel .
    you may also have to modify the bolt slightly as the 8x63 has a slightly thicker rim than the 06
    Thanks for the info, it doesn't seem worth it especially if I have to mod the bolt. Replacement bolts arnt that easy to come by
    I will just keep breaking down the ammo for use in reloading 8x57

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrawt View Post
    Thanks for the info, it doesn't seem worth it especially if I have to mod the bolt. Replacement bolts arnt that easy to come by
    I will just keep breaking down the ammo for use in reloading 8x57
    That would depend on how much 8x63 ammo one owns
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

BANNED
    So are these able to import into Canada?

Got mine today. Beautiful, never used condition. About Cdn $195.00 to my door.

I'll have my local Gunny thread this for a M98 Mauser and I'll restore it to 8X63 with my reamer. It'l end up at about 22 1/2". Sarco sells these barrels "long-chambered" in 8X57, but are out of stock.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/mauser98ta...vybarrels.aspx

Importing one already threaded for the M98 would be the way to go, but I don't mind spending what it will cost to have such a unique barrel.

Last edited by Andy; 01-07-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    Andy

Since 1958

These are currently in Canada, Here is the link... https://www.irunguns.ca/product_deta...h-barrel-blank

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Got mine today. Beautiful, never used condition. About Cdn $195.00 to my door.

I'll have my local Gunny thread this for a M98 Mauser and I'll restore it to 8X63 with my reamer. It'l end up at about 22 1/2". Sarco sells these barrels "long-chambered" in 8X57, but are out of stock.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/mauser98ta...vybarrels.aspx

Importing one already threaded for the M98 would be the way to go, but I don't mind spending what it will cost to have such a unique barrel.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    These are currently in Canada, Here is the link... https://www.irunguns.ca/product_deta...h-barrel-blank
    Are they like the ones you have pictured in your ad or are they like the one pictured in Andy's post ?
    They are different ?

I believe Andy's picture is of one that has been modified and threaded to fit a M98 mauser bolt rifle.

Russ
    ***Wholesale Sports Precision Rifle 1st place 2008***
    ***Manitoba CGN Iron sight 1st Place 2004***
    ***Virden BlackHawk Down Carbine Match 2nd 2005***
    ***Manitoba CGN Fall Pistol Class 1st place 2005***
    ***St.Charles 300M Sierra Challenge SR Class 1st place 2005***
    just leave me ammo,a bit of water and some chips if you have them

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I believe Andy's picture is of one that has been modified and threaded to fit a M98 mauser bolt rifle.

Russ
    Yes I know
    Sarco had both . just want to confirm what IRG brought in

This is the one IRG advertized, and this is what I got. I never imagined my post could cause this level of confusion - sorry.

Last edited by Andy; 01-08-2019 at 06:31 AM.
    Andy

Since 1958

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast