Rating - 100%
187   0   0
111618111618.jpg
Please click picture for link to site

Attachments

• 111618111618.jpg
    111618111618.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 2,404
What all has to be modified for it to work? And can it be easily reverted back to shoot 30 06
Reason I ask is I have an m37 and was curious if it would be worth converting

What all has to be modified for it to work? And can it be easily reverted back to shoot 30 06
Reason I ask is I have an m37 and was curious if it would be worth converting

The chambers are quite different - 7.62x63 metric name for 30-06, 7.92x57 for 8mm Mauser and 8x63 for Swedish.

Better to use the bore diameter for something, and work around the chamber.

These barrels are originally for the water-cooled gun that's why they are lighter than a standard 1919A4 barrel .
You will have to make a press fit bushing for the end of the barrel to the same diameter as the 3006 barrel .
Have that bushing pressed on the end of 8x63 barrel so it will be supported in the barrel bushing in the nose cap .
You will also need to make a split bushing for the breech end to mimic the size of the 1919A4 barrel .
you may also have to modify the bolt slightly as the 8x63 has a slightly thicker rim than the 06

These barrels are originally for the water-cooled gun that's why they are lighter than a standard 1919A4 barrel .
You will have to make a press fit bushing for the end of the barrel to the same diameter as the 3006 barrel .
Have that bushing pressed on the end of 8x63 barrel so it will be supported in the barrel bushing in the nose cap .
You will also need to make a split bushing for the breech end to mimic the size of the 1919A4 barrel .
you may also have to modify the bolt slightly as the 8x63 has a slightly thicker rim than the 06

Thanks for the info, it doesn't seem worth it especially if I have to mod the bolt. Replacement bolts arnt that easy to come by
I will just keep breaking down the ammo for use in reloading 8x57

Got mine today. Beautiful, never used condition. About Cdn $195.00 to my door.

I'll have my local Gunny thread this for a M98 Mauser and I'll restore it to 8X63 with my reamer. It'l end up at about 22 1/2". Sarco sells these barrels "long-chambered" in 8X57, but are out of stock.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/mauser98tackdriverheavybarrels.aspx

Importing one already threaded for the M98 would be the way to go, but I don't mind spending what it will cost to have such a unique barrel.

msr553tackdriverheavybarrel.jpg

Last edited:
These are currently in Canada, Here is the link... https://www.irunguns.ca/product_detail.php?p=8x63-swedish-barrel-blank

Got mine today. Beautiful, never used condition. About Cdn $195.00 to my door.

I'll have my local Gunny thread this for a M98 Mauser and I'll restore it to 8X63 with my reamer. It'l end up at about 22 1/2". Sarco sells these barrels "long-chambered" in 8X57, but are out of stock.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/mauser98tackdriverheavybarrels.aspx

Importing one already threaded for the M98 would be the way to go, but I don't mind spending what it will cost to have such a unique barrel.

msr553tackdriverheavybarrel.jpg

This is the one IRG advertized, and this is what I got. I never imagined my post could cause this level of confusion - sorry.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom