Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8x63-swedish-barrel-blank 99.00 USD

8x63-swedish-barrel-blank 99.00 USD

Name:  111618111618.jpg
Views: 2391
Size:  17.3 KB
    Please click picture for link to site

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    How can you bring these in ?
    That's not a barrel blank , it's a Browning MG barrel
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

What shape the barrels in?......bore condition??
    The Maple Leaf Forever

Quote Originally Posted by oops View Post
    What shape the barrels in?......bore condition??
    I know where these came from .
    They are new old stock surplus Browning 1919 MG barrels originally for the Swedish WW2 MG .
    If they can actually get these out of the US & into Canada they would be a good base to convert a M98
    Or convert a semi 1919 to 8x63
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

I ordered one. worth the long shot. see if i can use it on one of my 1919's.

Quote Originally Posted by 50AE View Post
    I ordered one. worth the long shot. see if i can use it on one of my 1919's.
    You can but it has to be modified to work .
    I currently have one in my 1919 . I got it yrs ago before the US prohibited export .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    What all has to be modified for it to work? And can it be easily reverted back to shoot 30 06
    Reason I ask is I have an m37 and was curious if it would be worth converting

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrawt View Post
    What all has to be modified for it to work? And can it be easily reverted back to shoot 30 06
    Reason I ask is I have an m37 and was curious if it would be worth converting
    The chambers are quite different - 7.62x63 metric name for 30-06, 7.92x57 for 8mm Mauser and 8x63 for Swedish.

Better to use the bore diameter for something, and work around the chamber.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

These barrels are originally for the water-cooled gun that's why they are lighter than a standard 1919A4 barrel .
    You will have to make a press fit bushing for the end of the barrel to the same diameter as the 3006 barrel .
    Have that bushing pressed on the end of 8x63 barrel so it will be supported in the barrel bushing in the nose cap .
    You will also need to make a split bushing for the breech end to mimic the size of the 1919A4 barrel .
    you may also have to modify the bolt slightly as the 8x63 has a slightly thicker rim than the 06

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sarco ........$35 ?
    Last edited by mbogo3; 11-17-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast