Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cost to upgrade from PAL to RPAL in 2018

Cost to upgrade from PAL to RPAL in 2018

Hi guys

I searched up this topic on the forums and found some threads from 5-10 years ago, but was wondering what the deal is today. If someone already paid the $60 to get their PAL and has the license, how much more will it cost to get their RPAL issued (not including the course costs). Is it $20 extra (to make $80), or is it $80 more (totaling $140)? Do we just resend the same form along with the other needed RPAL documents? 5614e right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarkryptonite View Post
    Hi guys

I searched up this topic on the forums and found some threads from 5-10 years ago, but was wondering what the deal is today. If someone already paid the $60 to get their PAL and has the license, how much more will it cost to get their RPAL issued (not including the course costs). Is it $20 extra (to make $80), or is it $80 more (totaling $140)?

Thanks
    You have to pay the full fee again like it is your first time applying....I went through the same thing 5 years ago...so 140 and you get a new 5 year lic ( this applies for waiting more than 1 year after receiving your PAL)
    Last edited by lacroian; 11-18-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks!

Also, sorry to post again, but instead of making a new thread, does anyone know if the law 9 course is mandatory to own a handgun? I just did my regular safety course, and was thinking about doing my restricted course as well, but will not have time this year to do the law 9 course. Would I be able able to get my RPAL by just taking those two courses and not the law 9 for now? If so, that would mean I can not legally own a handgun, or if I could, I can not legally transport it back to my house, is that correct?

Hi, I upgraded mine within a year of getting my PAL, and it only cost me an extra $40

Quote Originally Posted by 2lowr1ders View Post
    Hi, I upgraded mine within a year of getting my PAL, and it only cost me an extra $40
    Yes i renewed my PAL and the less than a year later i took my RPAL. RCMP said fee was only $40 due to renewal being less than a year.

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    If it has been less than a year since you got your PAL it will be $20. If it has been more than that it will be the full $80.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Just did my rpal this weekend and the instructor was saying its the full $80.00 to send in for the rpal if you have already sent in your pal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarkryptonite View Post
    Also, sorry to post again, but instead of making a new thread, does anyone know if the law 9 course is mandatory to own a handgun? I just did my regular safety course, and was thinking about doing my restricted course as well, but will not have time this year to do the law 9 course. Would I be able able to get my RPAL by just taking those two courses and not the law 9 for now? If so, that would mean I can not legally own a handgun, or if I could, I can not legally transport it back to my house, is that correct?
    I've never heard of such a course... I'm guessing you're I n Quebec?

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

You can’t have restricted without your law 9 and club membership
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1970
    My grandfather never worried about the dents in his mil-surps, he would say "that dent may be all that's left of some fellow's life."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast