Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Serbu Super Shorty Remington 870 .12ga* AOW

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynetheman View Post
    You can calm down, it’s not “clearly” a cut down barrel like the serbu is, that ones obvious and would never make it in country cause the existing roll mark is cut THAT was clearly an existing barrel that was cut it really doesn’t matter that Serbu is a manufacturer they made the gun according to THEIR countries laws and not ours unlike the dlask guns.

The Remington coming FROM Remington would never have those kinds of indicators even if the finish on the muzzle end is different than their normal shotguns it would seem pretty backwards for them to make a barrel and finish it then chop it down and waste the excess so the argument is easily made that the barrel was made that way from the factory which it is, and nobody will be able to prove otherwise unless they go and get remington themselves to admit to the process which would likely be met with a none of your business reply.

So try and not give “them” any more ideas on how to take cool guns away alright? The sky is not falling yet.
    I don't know about you but the end of the barrel is clearly cut down (no rounded edge, it's a hacksaw job, easy to see by the picture) and no bead.

Not taking any chances You can never be too careful !

I think the import restrictions might have something to do with the Remington Tac 14s and the Mossberg Shockwaves not being shotguns, but rather them being in the 'Any Other Weapon' category. If those real shorties that the OP is talking about (or even just their barrels) ever touch the 'shotgun' category, then their export is restricted as Short Barrelled Shotguns.

Parts of the US system make even less sense than the Canadian system, and that's saying something.
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

I found this article helpful... for what it's worth:

https://www.ffl123.com/no-nonsense-n...h-scatterguns/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    I don't know about you but the end of the barrel is clearly cut down (no rounded edge, it's a hacksaw job, easy to see by the picture) and no bead.

Not taking any chances You can never be too careful !

I suppose you could surrender it; or do what most of the people do and keep your mouth shut and stop bragging about it? If it's that obvious that it's a prohibited barrel then you might want to delete all your posts and pictures instead of inviting trouble

Like I said, there are likely thousands of technically prohibited firearms here due to old laws or importers not knowing the laws or the RCMP changing their minds... Most of the guys that know this don't sit around bragging about it.

That's the EXACT same thing that got the Swiss Arms series prohibited. Someone didn't know when to keep their mouth shut :D

CGN Regular
    I think we need to close this topic down...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Removed out of respect for IRG.
    Last edited by Dexter Morgan; 11-21-2018 at 07:40 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F22_RaptoR View Post
    I suppose you could surrender it; or do what most of the people do and keep your mouth shut and stop bragging about it? If it's that obvious that it's a prohibited barrel then you might want to delete all your posts and pictures instead of inviting trouble

Like I said, there are likely thousands of technically prohibited firearms here due to old laws or importers not knowing the laws or the RCMP changing their minds... Most of the guys that know this don't sit around bragging about it.

That's the EXACT same thing that got the Swiss Arms series prohibited. Someone didn't know when to keep their mouth shut :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    A week from now;
    McCoy will be starting a go-fund-me page to pay for his legal bills.

I hope all your bragging was worth it.
    We need a like button.

It was the feeling I got from him too more of a hey you peasants look how rare my 870 is, more than a genuine concern.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    A week from now;
    McCoy will be starting a go-fund-me page to pay for his legal bills.

I hope all your bragging was worth it.
    Yes, it's always fun to read what people has to say about subjects they have no clue whatsoever !

I searched for years for the folding grip, ended up making my own out of an sks bayonet mechanism.... works well, doesn’t look ghetto.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast