Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Serbu Super Shorty Remington 870 .12ga* AOW

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Yes, it's always fun to read what people has to say about subjects they have no clue whatsoever !

Please, tell me what room for "actually a manufacturer can do whatever they want despite what the letter of the law states" there is in this section:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...rohibe-eng.htm

a firearm that is adapted from a rifle or shotgun, whether by sawing, cutting or any other alteration, and that, as so adapted,

is less than 660 mm in length, or
    is 660 mm or greater in length and has a barrel less than 457 mm in length,
    Here's a hint: this has been done many MANY times before, the RCMP has flat out stated that cut down barrels shorter than 18" (457mm) are PROHIBITED when installed on a firearm. There is one guy here that argued in court and WON about having a cut down barrel NOT on a firearm, so he kept it as a trophy of sorts.

Now as I said before, you can keep talking about something illegal, and attract the attention of the RCMP guys on this very board, or you can think to yourself "Maybe it WAS made from a barrel blank to proper length" and stop attracting attention to yourself! Fun fact, my Benelli Supernova Tactical 14" barrel looks exactly the same as the barrel you show (except thinner wall), and mine is absolutely made to 14" from factory.

I mean, gun owners in Canada are so dense sometimes. We have zero protection if the government decides to arbitrarily do something yet we keep giving ourselves the wrong kind of attention...

I apologize to IRG this thread has become a zoo, I'll stop egging it on...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Removed out of respect for IRG.
    Last edited by Dexter Morgan; 11-21-2018 at 07:36 PM.

CGN Regular
    Adapted = Bubba'd

Manufactured = comes from a licensed firearm manufacturer ( does not mean they mined the ore from which the steel is made)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F22_RaptoR View Post
    Please, tell me what room for "actually a manufacturer can do whatever they want despite what the letter of the law states" there is in this section:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...rohibe-eng.htm

Here's a hint: this has been done many MANY times before, the RCMP has flat out stated that cut down barrels shorter than 18" (457mm) are PROHIBITED when installed on a firearm. There is one guy here that argued in court and WON about having a cut down barrel NOT on a firearm, so he kept it as a trophy of sorts.

Now as I said before, you can keep talking about something illegal, and attract the attention of the RCMP guys on this very board, or you can think to yourself "Maybe it WAS made from a barrel blank to proper length" and stop attracting attention to yourself! Fun fact, my Benelli Supernova Tactical 14" barrel looks exactly the same as the barrel you show (except thinner wall), and mine is absolutely made to 14" from factory.

I mean, gun owners in Canada are so dense sometimes. We have zero protection if the government decides to arbitrarily do something yet we keep giving ourselves the wrong kind of attention...

I apologize to IRG this thread has become a zoo, I'll stop egging it on...
    To be fair to everyone, the laws are poorly thought out and poorly written.

They decided last minute not to go to court, the barrel was more of a monument of gun control stupidity then a trophy.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Rasmussen View Post
    I searched for years for the folding grip, ended up making my own out of an sks bayonet mechanism.... works well, doesn’t look ghetto.
    I considered that, can you post some pictures.

It's a pretty basic concept...... and there is a small market.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    Adapted = Bubba'd

Manufactured = comes from a licensed firearm manufacturer ( does not mean they mined the ore from which the steel is made)
    Doesn’t matter that it’s a licensed manufacturer if you bring them an existing barrel or they buy it themselves, cut down below 18 = illegal. If it’s not a “completed” barrel even to the minimum of definitions like it has no chamber or extension or whatever then it’s not a sawed off or adapted anything. Nobody said they had to make it from scratch just that it needs to not be an existing barrel that was cut!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynetheman View Post
    Doesn’t matter that it’s a licensed manufacturer if you bring them an existing barrel or they buy it themselves, cut down below 18 = illegal. If it’s not a “completed” barrel even to the minimum of definitions like it has no chamber or extension or whatever then it’s not a sawed off or adapted anything. Nobody said they had to make it from scratch just that it needs to not be an existing barrel that was cut!
    This. Unfortunately the lab is even telling shops like ATRS that altering barrel length even above the 18" threshold is prohibited according to a letter Rick has from them, despite the fact that the laws are clear enough that we can easily tell that that is incorrect and we can for-sure cut existing barrels down to 18" minimum legally, and if we desire to maintain NR status on a semi-centerfire we know the threshold is bumped up to 470mm/18.5".

As you can see, if the lab considers all after the fact cut downs bad, any sub 18" cuts are doubly as bad.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    The law says "adapted from a rifle or shotgun". An original manufacturer is manufacturing new barrels to be put into rifles or shotguns. They are not adapting rifles or shotguns unless they adapt a barrel on a previously manufactured, (and complete), rifle or shotgun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Removed out of respect for IRG.
    Last edited by Dexter Morgan; 11-21-2018 at 07:36 PM.

CGN Regular
    Dexter. If you read what I wrote you should understand that adapting a rifle or shotgun that already exists to under 18" would be prohibited.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast