Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Carbine Non-Restricted 9mm

Good news!

I'd be all over both 9 and 10mm versions. Those rifles may be ugly but they seem to have a reputation for reliability.

I thought there was some sort of issue that all high points where restricted... Has this changed.. Or have they just never made a 18,5 barrel as of yet?..

Any idea on a price?
    Quick search shows them around $230 us.
    Last edited by Nbhunt3r; 11-20-2018 at 12:01 PM.

The price is very important for this one, there is a lot of competition for 9mm out there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by patjohnw View Post
    I thought there was some sort of issue that all high points where restricted... Has this changed.. Or have they just never made a 18,5 barrel as of yet?..
    Just the barrel length kept them restricted. Since they aren't an AR variant and aren't specifically classified as restricted or prohib there would be no valid reason (like the RCMP ever needed that ) to classify them as restricted. The only issue I'm not aware of is whether they can use 10 round mags. I don't know if the carbine mags are proprietary (in which case they would be limited to 5 rounds) or if the Hi-Point handgun mags fit them in which case 10 rounders would be OK similar to the JR Carbine & others using Glock pistol mags. Maybe someone more familiar with Hi-Points can chime in.

CGN frequent flyer BadLieutenant's Avatar
    They sell for $240US and up in the US....... that is roughly $320 and up in Canadian dollars

If they can make that around $500 (including the NR tax) I would be interested.

They are ugly in black, but I find them not so bad in FDE or Desert Digital Camo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadLieutenant View Post
    They sell for $240US and up in the US....... that is roughly $320 and up in Canadian dollars

If they can make that around $500 (including the NR tax) I would be interested.

They are ugly in black, but I find them not so bad in FDE or Desert Digital Camo
    I'm sure they'll be lots of interest at 500 bucks all in, but anything more, not so much.

The only issue I'm not aware of is whether they can use 10 round mags. I don't know if the carbine mags are proprietary (in which case they would be limited to 5 rounds) or if the Hi-Point handgun mags fit them in which case 10 rounders would be OK similar to the JR Carbine & others using Glock pistol mags. Maybe someone more familiar with Hi-Points can chime in.[/QUOTE]

I believe that they can use a modified 1911 mag.

Had one in 40sw and it was great, never failed and good accuracy.
    A NR version would be interesting.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast