Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Carbine Non-Restricted 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by bcnorth View Post
    The only issue I'm not aware of is whether they can use 10 round mags. I don't know if the carbine mags are proprietary (in which case they would be limited to 5 rounds) or if the Hi-Point handgun mags fit them in which case 10 rounders would be OK similar to the JR Carbine & others using Glock pistol mags. Maybe someone more familiar with Hi-Points can chime in.
    I believe that they can use a modified 1911 mag.[/QUOTE]

Yes they can..I can't beleive I'm admitting this but I had a Hi Point pistol once. Haha!
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bcnorth View Post
    The only issue I'm not aware of is whether they can use 10 round mags. I don't know if the carbine mags are proprietary (in which case they would be limited to 5 rounds) or if the Hi-Point handgun mags fit them in which case 10 rounders would be OK similar to the JR Carbine & others using Glock pistol mags. Maybe someone more familiar with Hi-Points can chime in.
    I believe that they can use a modified 1911 mag.[/QUOTE]

"The proprietary magazines are usable only with Hi-Point firearms. The pistol-style magazines for the 4095 .40 S&W carbine are fully interchangeable with the Hi-Point .40 S&W pistol. No such compatibility was advertised by Hi-Point regarding the original 995 carbine and the 9mm Hi-Point C-9 pistol; owners of both designs have reported that they are not completely interchangeable. The 8 shot pistol magazine is too short to fit the carbine; however, the 10 shot carbine magazine will fit into the pistol but extends past the bottom of the grip." Straight from the Wikipedia. Think that MAY answer some questions. Possibly? Possibly not. The fact that some have had 1911 mags fit and function is very interesting indeed.
    Giveth thy joys unto Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be joyless. - Norc 3:05

10mm in camo

Quote Originally Posted by gallen270 View Post
    10mm in camo
    x2.

Just found this little tidbit as well:

"2. Magazines designed or manufactured for both centrefire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic rifle are limited to five cartridges. However, magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both semiautomatic rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the limit of five cartridges.

Example:
    Hi-Point rifle and handgun chambered for 9mm Luger caliber:

magazine capacities over five rounds are prohibited."

from http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

that's a little fly in the ointment ><
    Giveth thy joys unto Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be joyless. - Norc 3:05

CGN Regular
    Oh man, if you get these in and they are priced right I will have to buy 1 or 2 or 3 and a then a truck of ammo. These things go for about $380US, and if we get them for the equivalent in Canadian pesos, I will definitely be budgeting for one.

These would be awesome in 10mm, 40s&s, 45acp, and maybe even 9mm. Ok maybe I’d need 4 of these then.

CGN Regular groundskeeper willy's Avatar
    A 10mm non-restricted, around $500, would sell like hotcakes.
    Many people would love a potent inexpensive NR PCC for bear defence and general woods mucking about.
    .40 or .45 would be a great seller too for same reasons but the 10mm is the preferred one of the bunch in my thinking.

A 9mm would still be a great seller irregardless.

Wonder how they would hold up in the cold though.
    Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, Now I are one.

Please tell Hi-Point that we need a 1095TS Edge with an 18.6" barrel. Would make a great hunting rig for all those invading hogs!

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    They will be around $440.00.

CGN Regular
    When I read the words “They will be around $440.00“ I thought to myself that this may be the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard.

I also agree with the commenter above regarding he usefulness of the 10mm carbine. The weaker the round of a pistol carbine, the more it becomes just an oversized pistol.

But don’t get me wrong - I’d still be overjoyed to buy an oversized pistol as well as a more powerful pistol carbine.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast