Thread: Sako Carbon Wolves in 28 and 30 Nosler? Hell yeah!

Business Member plainSight Solutions's Avatar

Sako Carbon Wolves in 28 and 30 Nosler? Hell yeah!

Sako Carbon Wolves in 28 and 30 Nosler? Hell yeah!
    When someone asks you if it’s possible to put together something as cool as these, the correct answer should always be: “Hells yeah!!!”

To make it even more interesting, the customers wanted the rifles converted and range-tested in time for a whitetail hunt they had planned together, giving us less than two weeks to get it all done!

When facing that kind of a strict deadline, for amazing customers with a unique project this cool, the only possible answer is: “No problem!”

Thankfully our good friends Mr. Gary Eakin of Bighorn Sales and Mr. Andy Voight of Dragon Mountain Machine are outstanding gentlemen to deal with, and never let you down – that’s just not in their DNA.

The Carbon Wolf 28 Nosler received a Swarovski X5i 5-25x56 with 4WXi reticle, while the Carbon Wolf 30 Nosler was topped with a Swarovski Z8i 2.3-18x56 BRHi.

The end results were stellar:

For the 28 Nosler, the Benchmark barrel coupled with Andy’s gunsmithing yielded sub 0.250 accuracy with factory Nosler 175gr ABLR.

Unfortunately, I did not get to shoot the 30 Nosler, however the customer reports that it is grouping the Nosler factory 210 ABLR’s beautifully.

Benchmark #4 profile, 1-8” twist, finished to 27” with a Bighorn Radial forward ported brake.
    Benchmark #4 profile, 1-10” twist, finished to 27” with a Bighorn Radial forward ported brake.
    Provided by Mr. Gary Eakin of Bighorn Sales, who has an incredible inventory of premium firearm components:

Bighorn Sales
    Gary Eakin
    #17-3960 Drive-In Road
    Houston, BC Canada V0J 1Z2
    (250) 845-2201

Gunsmithing services provided by Mr. Andy Voight of Dragon Mountain Machine:

Dragon Mountain Machine Ltd.
    2140 Johnson Rd.
    Quesnel, British Columbia
    Canada
    V2J 6G1
    (250) 983-5454

Andy’s work speaks for itself, and he’s a true gentleman to deal with.

Carbon Wolf rifles, optics, and range services provided by Precision Optics.

Got something special in mind? Let us make it happen for you, at a price no one can beat.

Best Regards,

Omer Hrbinic
    Last edited by plainSight Solutions; 11-21-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Omer Hrbinic
    Tell: 1 (250) 747-1621
    Cell: 1 (250) 991-1406
    www.PrecisionOptics.net
    PrecisionOptics@hotmail.com

Uber Super GunNutz
    That’s awesome Omer!! Now I don’t know if I should wait till I shoot out my 300 barrel on my Carbon Wolf or just go for it in 28 Nosler. I’ll try to give you a shout tomorrow to find out some details of the process.

Bucket list

one day!.. beautiful!