Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtuzyk View Post
    Also have a maritime bolt catch on my slr, it had to be modified to work properly.
    Did you need to file down the 'crotch' of the catch as per other early SLR's? Mine didn't need any fitting or altering. Mid 300 serial.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo3niner View Post
    It certainly doesn't fit on my stag-10 unfortunately.
    Able to mod it to work via. some bending/filing?

I can't be certain. I would imagine it's possible but I wasn't willing to try. Instead just installed in on another AR.

When installed on the stag, it was too close to the receiver. I believe the pivot point on the stag is closer to the center of the rifle which when the maritime catch was installed, left it no room to pivot the way it needed to since it contacted the receiver. Might get away with a slight bend?

If anyone is willing to try and are successful, I'd appreciate if they posted their experience here.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    Did you need to file down the 'crotch' of the catch as per other early SLR's? Mine didn't need any fitting or altering. Mid 300 serial.
    I got one of the first SLRs, very low serial. Had to file it down because it didn't clear the inside of the upper receiver.

BTT

Anyone tried to install/fit the Maritime on their stag 10 or it is not compatible?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danzMtl View Post
    BTT

Anyone tried to install/fit the Maritime on their stag 10 or it is not compatible?
    Did you even read all the posts before yours all saying “no it does not work”?
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

xxxxx
    Last edited by danzMtl; 06-21-2021 at 07:15 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danzMtl View Post
    I don't believe it works. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by kilo3niner View Post
    When installed on the stag, it was too close to the receiver. I believe the pivot point on the stag is closer to the center of the rifle which when the maritime catch was installed, left it no room to pivot the way it needed to since it contacted the receiver.
    I don't know if you could "bend" it without having to heat it, bend it and then re-heat treat it. I've done some 'strange' things like this with M14/M305/M1A platform and it never really worked that well.

The Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch is designed with the warfighter in mind and will work with any lower receiver designed to accept a mil-spec M16/M4 Carbine bolt catch

DPMS and STAG10 are not mil-spec from my research: I created the following thread to try and help with these types questions and I found DPMS and mil-spec are not always interchangeable.
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1815040-AR-10-amp-AR-15-parts-swapping-close-to-complete-list-now
    Last edited by Aniest; 07-06-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: more info
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Even if you made it fit/work it would cause a reliability issue. It seems the .308 bolt catch is beefier to withstand repeated impacts from the heavier bcg and stronger spring.
    Last edited by wildphil24; 07-06-2019 at 07:09 PM.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12