Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch

BANNED

Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch

Hey Arms East!

Purchased one of your Stag Arms model 10s, a .308 GI model about 2 months ago...I love it and it has been flawless so far *touch wood* lol

Anyways I really like Geissele anything and am hoping their bolt catch can/does fit on the Stag 10 models. Do you know if they do? Or if not are you able to quickly throw one on to check?

Many thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    It should fit in any lower that uses an AR lower parts kit. It works perfectly in my SLR build.

Note that the bottom paddle will partially cover one of the trigger pin holes - meaning you can only take it out from one side. Not a problem on the SLR as there are no external pins.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    It should fit in any lower that uses an AR lower parts kit. It works perfectly in my SLR build.

Note that the bottom paddle will partially cover one of the trigger pin holes - meaning you can only take it out from one side. Not a problem on the SLR as there are no external pins.
    Some Ar15 parts are not compatible with with a dpms pattern ar10, this bolt catch is not compatible.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtuzyk View Post
    Some Ar15 parts are not compatible with with a dpms pattern ar10, this bolt catch is not compatible.
    Ahh interesting. I thought the Stag rifles used standard AR15 parts. Either way, it's still a great product.

BANNED
    I think it "fits" the issue/s with some AR10s is the upper receiver width for the extension piece.

Was hoping AE could do a test fit so I don't accidentally waste $40.

CGN Regular
    i will likely be trying to put mine on, but it will be a while before i build it

it wont work on the stag 10 the cutout in the upper prevents it from seating properly. not the end of the world. i have a spare that was going to be used on mine but it will just go on the next ar when it comes back from being cerakoted

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    Ahh interesting. I thought the Stag rifles used standard AR15 parts. Either way, it's still a great product.
    Also have a maritime bolt catch on my slr, it had to be modified to work properly.

It certainly doesn't fit on my stag-10 unfortunately.

This is correct, does not work

Quote Originally Posted by kilo3niner View Post
    It certainly doesn't fit on my stag-10 unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast