Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch

pure.black.xiii

BANNED
Regular
BANNED
Rating - 87.5%
6   1   1
Hey Arms East!

Purchased one of your Stag Arms model 10s, a .308 GI model about 2 months ago...I love it and it has been flawless so far *touch wood* lol

Anyways I really like Geissele anything and am hoping their bolt catch can/does fit on the Stag 10 models. Do you know if they do? Or if not are you able to quickly throw one on to check?

Many thanks! :)

It should fit in any lower that uses an AR lower parts kit. It works perfectly in my SLR build.

Note that the bottom paddle will partially cover one of the trigger pin holes - meaning you can only take it out from one side. Not a problem on the SLR as there are no external pins.

It should fit in any lower that uses an AR lower parts kit. It works perfectly in my SLR build.

Note that the bottom paddle will partially cover one of the trigger pin holes - meaning you can only take it out from one side. Not a problem on the SLR as there are no external pins.

Some Ar15 parts are not compatible with with a dpms pattern ar10, this bolt catch is not compatible.

I think it "fits" the issue/s with some AR10s is the upper receiver width for the extension piece.

Was hoping AE could do a test fit so I don't accidentally waste $40.

it wont work on the stag 10 the cutout in the upper prevents it from seating properly. not the end of the world. i have a spare that was going to be used on mine but it will just go on the next ar when it comes back from being cerakoted

I can't be certain. I would imagine it's possible but I wasn't willing to try. Instead just installed in on another AR.

When installed on the stag, it was too close to the receiver. I believe the pivot point on the stag is closer to the center of the rifle which when the maritime catch was installed, left it no room to pivot the way it needed to since it contacted the receiver. Might get away with a slight bend?

If anyone is willing to try and are successful, I'd appreciate if they posted their experience here.

Did you need to file down the 'crotch' of the catch as per other early SLR's? Mine didn't need any fitting or altering. Mid 300 serial.
I got one of the first SLRs, very low serial. Had to file it down because it didn't clear the inside of the upper receiver.

Anyone tried to install/fit the Maritime on their stag 10 or it is not compatible?

I don't believe it works. Why?

When installed on the stag, it was too close to the receiver. I believe the pivot point on the stag is closer to the center of the rifle which when the maritime catch was installed, left it no room to pivot the way it needed to since it contacted the receiver.

I don't know if you could "bend" it without having to heat it, bend it and then re-heat treat it. I've done some 'strange' things like this with M14/M305/M1A platform and it never really worked that well.

The Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch is designed with the warfighter in mind and will work with any lower receiver designed to accept a mil-spec M16/M4 Carbine bolt catch

DPMS and STAG10 are not mil-spec from my research: I created the following thread to try and help with these types questions and I found DPMS and mil-spec are not always interchangeable.
https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1815040-AR-10-amp-AR-15-parts-swapping-close-to-complete-list-now

Last edited:
Even if you made it fit/work it would cause a reliability issue. It seems the .308 bolt catch is beefier to withstand repeated impacts from the heavier bcg and stronger spring.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom