CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: This stock..... You want it

  1. #21
    CGN Regular MkivSupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wpg, MB
    Posts
    147
    I'd be real iffy about that being considered inoperable when folded/collapsed. The fact it is still functional when folded may deem it restricted due to length. take a ruger 10/22 takedown for example, it is actually not functional when taken down. this gun is still operational, and how do you plan to have a trigger lock on it? maybe a cable through the action? I can see the horse people interpreting this rifle different than you are reaaaally easy

  2. #22
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by cody c View Post

    This cannot be fired, as the stock covers the trigger when collapsed.
    You think the RCMP if going to buy that?

  3. #23
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    2,387
    I really don't know what type of things the RCMP like to buy.

    Bottom line, can you pull the trigger when its collapsed? Its a very white/black question and answer. Buy it or not buy it, that's irrelevant. Same goes for folding stocks on short barreled shotguns.


    Have a look at the picture, I'm assuming you haven't already so I'll explain it better: the trigger is hidden within the sliding stock. You can see where the trigger is in relation to the guard, and you can just see the back of the guard in that picture.

  4. #24
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by cody c View Post
    I really don't know what type of things the RCMP like to buy.

    Bottom line, can you pull the trigger when its collapsed? Its a very white/black question and answer. Buy it or not buy it, that's irrelevant. Same goes for folding stocks on short barreled shotguns.


    Have a look at the picture, I'm assuming you haven't already so I'll explain it better: the trigger is hidden within the sliding stock. You can see where the trigger is in relation to the guard, and you can just see the back of the guard in that picture.
    I did not notice the trigger would be covered when the stock is collapsed. Thanks for pointing that out.

    Don't get me wrong, I think its a cool idea. I guess I'm just used to seeing this kind of thing banned by our RCMP overlords.

  5. #25
    CGN Regular Keep6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    West-ish BC
    Posts
    487
    Couldn't a person make a hole in the stock to access the trigger and fire when collapsed.

    Same as the easily convert to auto line of thinking....
    N*rinco is a cuss word in my house

    ____________________________
    Support it.

  6. #26
    CGN Regular bigplinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    glaslyn saskatchewan
    Posts
    218
    I'm always confused by this argument, 'could'nt you just break the law by making something illegal?' I can always break the law. But my being a civilized,contributing member of society keeps me from doing this. Consequences are the secondary force keeping us all on the straight and narrow
    The RCMP making/changing rules as they see fit does not prevent me from becoming an uncivilized,non contributing member of society.
    It just keeps me confused as to what the #### is happening to this place called my home?
    Either my government and their enforcement group trusts me, or they don't. Marginalizing the 'gun' community at large is not logical,at least to me. And telling me this is all liberal tactics is bull####. This is universal policy for any government in the civilized world.
    But hey, I'll keep on contributing; I'll keep on being civilized, while everything falls down around me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Keep6 View Post
    Couldn't a person make a hole in the stock to access the trigger and fire when collapsed.

    Same as the easily convert to auto line of thinking....

  7. #27
    CGN Regular Keep6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    West-ish BC
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by bigplinker View Post
    I'm always confused by this argument, 'could'nt you just break the law by making something illegal?' I can always break the law. But my being a civilized,contributing member of society keeps me from doing this. Consequences are the secondary force keeping us all on the straight and narrow
    The RCMP making/changing rules as they see fit does not prevent me from becoming an uncivilized,non contributing member of society.
    It just keeps me confused as to what the #### is happening to this place called my home?
    Either my government and their enforcement group trusts me, or they don't. Marginalizing the 'gun' community at large is not logical,at least to me. And telling me this is all liberal tactics is bull####. This is universal policy for any government in the civilized world.
    But hey, I'll keep on contributing; I'll keep on being civilized, while everything falls down around me.
    Hey don't take it personal, I also never said I agree with it.

    Just looking from the "herd" side of things....
    N*rinco is a cuss word in my house

    ____________________________
    Support it.

  8. #28
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by bigplinker View Post
    Either my government and their enforcement group trusts me, or they don't.
    If this is true then I suppose we can all own unpinned mags and the Gov can trust that I will only put 5 rounds in at a time.

  9. #29
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep6 View Post
    Couldn't a person make a hole in the stock to access the trigger and fire when collapsed.

    Same as the easily convert to auto line of thinking....
    Sure you could do that. You could also take a saw and cut the back off of any pistol grip stock to make it under legal length. Or undo two screws and remove the stock itself.

    I could point at half a dozen 10-22 stocks that I could easily modify to work under 660mm if you are into following that train of thought though.

    If this was modified with a hole in the stock to operate it under legal length, it would become a prohid, just like putting too short of a stock, or a folding stock on a semi auto shotgun with a short barrel.

    The same arguement could be made for folding stocks that work on semi autos.

  10. #30
    CGN Regular Sinbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep6 View Post
    Couldn't a person make a hole in the stock to access the trigger and fire when collapsed.

    Same as the easily convert to auto line of thinking....
    How would you shoot it collapsed ? Trigger and mag well are not even visible. Looks like it slides and doesn't swing.

    Innovative but ugly. I can't see the value in doing that to a bolt action.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •