CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 High Capacity Is Back: SBI Ruger 10/22 Magazine Adapter

Just back ordered one. Cannot wait

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjjzak View Post
    I think this got lost in the traffic. Could you use the adapter, in a Butler Creek loader, to load Rem mags. Have one available if anyone wants to test this.
    Doesn't work unfortunately. First thing I tried.... But have no fear! Working on it.

Cool! Keep us posted.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

Kinds cool ads even more versatility to the old 10/22

CGN Regular
    And just like that I instantly regret selling my 10/22

Thank God I still got a take down though

Ordered one!
    Congratulations on your great idea. Real Canadian engineering at work. 3D printing with reinforcing carbon fibers is quite impressive. Hopefully, it's gonna work flawlessly.
    Anxiously waiting for my back order.
    NFA CCFR CSSA
    CPC PC Ontario

Glad I didnt jump the 10/22 ship, look forward to giving these a try.

I never did shoot my 25s. I found they turned a tidy easy handling rifle into a gaudy excuse. Not even sure why I bought them.
    Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car, goes to a cocktail party, eats in a restaurant, or gets married!
    Jack O'Connor

Well done. 3d printing has really opened up small development and production runs. The open source community may think you should openly share however you definitely deserve some income as the price is quite reasonable and there is high value offered. Would be great to cast this in aluminum.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jckstrthmghty View Post
    Well done. 3d printing has really opened up small development and production runs. The open source community may think you should openly share however you definitely deserve some income as the price is quite reasonable and there is high value offered. Would be great to cast this in aluminum.
    We actually looked at cast aluminium and we opted against it. The design could be cast but would also require post casting machining which kinda eliminated all costs savings. Injection molding would be the next logical step, and if demand requires it we will go that route. We might look at doing a run of CNC'd aluminium adapters, but these would be much more expensive and considered a premium model.

As for open-source.... I personally contribute to open source project and designs as a hobby, which is super rewarding sometimes. However with this product we've got a provisional patent on the design (takes about a year to go though and get the full patent) and are keeping it and our printer setup closed source.