HK 416 rifle 22LR its back!!! 373.51USD

Not to nitpick, but if it's specifically built for 22LR, and doesn't share a lot of components with an AR but just looks like an AR, that's secondary to the fact that it's Barrel is too short to be non-restricted. You don't have to crack the thing open. The length of the barrel alone will tell you it's going to be restricted. So, yes, that does have something to do with it. Or, more accurately, everything to do with it.

I suggest you read the Criminal Code of Canada...

Restricted firearm means

(a) a handgun that is not a prohibited firearm,

(b) a firearm that

(i) is not a prohibited firearm,

(ii) has a barrel less than 470 mm in length (18.5 in), and

(iii) is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner,

(c) a firearm that is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping or otherwise, or

(d) a firearm of any other kind that is prescribed to be a restricted firearm; (arme à feu à autorisation restreinte)

The HK 416-22 is restricted because it is classified as an AR variant, not because it has a short barrel. the HK 416-22 is a semi-automatic RIMFIRE rifle thus (ii) is not applicable as (ii) and (iii) need to be read together to apply.

Not to nitpick, but if it's specifically built for 22LR, and doesn't share a lot of components with an AR but just looks like an AR, that's secondary to the fact that it's Barrel is too short to be non-restricted. You don't have to crack the thing open. The length of the barrel alone will tell you it's going to be restricted. So, yes, that does have something to do with it. Or, more accurately, everything to do with it.

22LR semis are restricted by overall length, not barrel length. It’s restricted because it’s deemed an AR variant.

Edit: The member above did better than me lol.

Sorry in advance;
I am new to canadiangunnuts so its probably bad manners to reopen a 4 year old thread, still learning. In the ammendments of the incipient bill c-21, the HK416D is listed within the newly proposed prohibited firearms. Does this apply to the HK416 22lr?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom