Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK 416 rifle 22LR its back!!! 373.51USD

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    16" barrel, so yeah.
    Has nothing to do with it

It's an AR

What they said v
    Last edited by BCreserveMP; 12-04-2018 at 11:23 PM.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN frequent flyer
    Not to nitpick, but if it's specifically built for 22LR, and doesn't share a lot of components with an AR but just looks like an AR, that's secondary to the fact that it's Barrel is too short to be non-restricted. You don't have to crack the thing open. The length of the barrel alone will tell you it's going to be restricted. So, yes, that does have something to do with it. Or, more accurately, everything to do with it.

I suggest you read the Criminal Code of Canada...

Restricted firearm means

(a) a handgun that is not a prohibited firearm,

(b) a firearm that

(i) is not a prohibited firearm,

(ii) has a barrel less than 470 mm in length (18.5 in), and

(iii) is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner,

(c) a firearm that is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping or otherwise, or

(d) a firearm of any other kind that is prescribed to be a restricted firearm; (arme à feu à autorisation restreinte)

The HK 416-22 is restricted because it is classified as an AR variant, not because it has a short barrel. the HK 416-22 is a semi-automatic RIMFIRE rifle thus (ii) is not applicable as (ii) and (iii) need to be read together to apply.

CGN frequent flyer
    Not to nitpick, but if it's specifically built for 22LR, and doesn't share a lot of components with an AR but just looks like an AR, that's secondary to the fact that it's Barrel is too short to be non-restricted. You don't have to crack the thing open. The length of the barrel alone will tell you it's going to be restricted. So, yes, that does have something to do with it. Or, more accurately, everything to do with it.
    22LR semis are restricted by overall length, not barrel length. It’s restricted because it’s deemed an AR variant.

Edit: The member above did better than me lol.

Fair enough!

I just came back to edit my post, but now I dont need to. I forgot about the rimfire element.

Still, that guy's original comment was dickish.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

We also have the Rock Island Armory which is Non Restricted. Match grade barrel and billet receivers.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...Non-Restricted

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

How much are the 10round magazines for the HK?

Any chance we can get the older model which equipped with Picatinny rails?

Non-restricted?
    CSSA - NFA - FQT - CF - RO - VERIFIER

Sorry in advance;
    I am new to canadiangunnuts so its probably bad manners to reopen a 4 year old thread, still learning. In the ammendments of the incipient bill c-21, the HK416D is listed within the newly proposed prohibited firearms. Does this apply to the HK416 22lr?
    Last edited by UltraDIVINE; 12-25-2022 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Question answered

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast