Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **IN STOCK** Serbu Super-Shorty Clones @ Dlask Arms Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    I'm really interested in one of these, however I wish we could work out some payment terms? Its just "bad timing" for me
    Unfortunately we make so few of these that they sell out within hours. Maybe if we make a 'large' batch in the future we would consider payment terms but right now it is our old stand by - first come, first served.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Not a clue what you're asking here....20 or 29 ?

As for the pricing. Take the price of our standard 870 Shorty shotgun and add what it costs us to modify the action bar, purchase the Serbu pump handle, TIG weld it on, re-finish the welds, then re-blue the whole thing....$1025 is CHEAP !

Serbu sells these in the US for $1050 USD and all they do for the barrel is use a hacksaw to cut the original !! They don't have to go through the effort to completely manufacture one from scratch to meet the Canadian standards.

If there is anyway you can make it cheaper please let me know, I would hire you in a millisecond to be our new engineer.
    Haha, he thought your 2x, whereby x was a variable, from 0 to 9.

Talk about overanalyzing it
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    We are the main Serbu Dealer for Canada as well as the official warranty center. Last year I bought some of the pump handle assemblies in the white from them and we have been sitting on them wondering what to do with them. Since we had 2x left over 6.5" barrels in our showcase we just decided to turn them into these awesome little pumps.

So....long story short, yes, these are genuine Serbu pump handle assemblies !
    Interesting, so as the main serbu dealer.......can you bring in serbu 870 folding forends that are already finished and attached to action bars?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Since the BATFE won't allow us to export the Serbu version we have made our own. They feature 6.5" Dlask Arms bull barrels and genuine Serbu folding forends.

There will only be 2x available. Just leaving today for bluing, eta for shipping would be next Tuesday. They can come as either Restricted with a pistol grip or Non-Restricted with a minimum 14" LOP butt stock.

Cost on these bad boys is $1025 + tax & shipping. Call the shop today to purchase.
    would love one of these on a Mossberg 590 or 590a1 receiver.
    Aim True, Be Safe and Have a Nice Day, IG @canadianarmschannel

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    He means only 2 of them are available not 20 or more LOL.

I guess you dont know what really goes into manufacturing your own barrels and parts.
    I thought 2x means twenty something.
    I don't know exactly what goes into manufacturing your own barrels and parts. I'll never know if I don't ask. So I asked.

Not a clue what you're asking here....20 or 29 ?

As for the pricing. Take the price of our standard 870 Shorty shotgun and add what it costs us to modify the action bar, purchase the Serbu pump handle, TIG weld it on, re-finish the welds, then re-blue the whole thing....$1025 is CHEAP !

Serbu sells these in the US for $1050 USD and all they do for the barrel is use a hacksaw to cut the original !! They don't have to go through the effort to completely manufacture one from scratch to meet the Canadian standards.

If there is anyway you can make it cheaper please let me know, I would hire you in a millisecond to be our new engineer.
    I thought you meant you are planning to make twenty something units, not two.
    As for pricing, I asked not as a criticism, but because I'm genuinely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Interesting, so as the main serbu dealer.......can you bring in serbu 870 folding forends that are already finished and attached to action bars?
    Unfortunately not. They are in the same situation whereby the fore ends they modify are the ones that come on the donor guns. If they sold those then they wouldn't have a complete gun to sell...

I looked into buying just the stripped action bars from the Canadian distributor...yeah, no. They wanted over $100 Cdn each. So once modified we would need to charge in the neighborhood of $350-400 per which isn't going to go down well with the public.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Unfortunately not. They are in the same situation whereby the fore ends they modify are the ones that come on the donor guns. If they sold those then they wouldn't have a complete gun to sell...

I looked into buying just the stripped action bars from the Canadian distributor...yeah, no. They wanted over $100 Cdn each. So once modified we would need to charge in the neighborhood of $350-400 per which isn't going to go down well with the public.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Pretty sad that brownells sells foreend assemblies to the public, full retail for $44 US and the Canadian Remington people want to charge $100 to a shop that I would assume generally has access to wholesale pricing.

What's the rough estimate cost to manufacture on of these with a donor foreend assembly?

Simon's got them on sale right now for $60 Canadian.
    https://sjhardware.com/product/remin...-assembly-870/
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savagetman View Post
    would love one of these on a Mossberg 590 or 590a1 receiver.
    Yeah would be interesting especially since the mag tubes on mossbergs are easier to remove could possibly have a super shorty kit.

Also speaking of mossberg 590s you guys change your minds about making happy caps for them yet?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Once these 2 are sold can/could a build be commissioned for one in the New Year? or is this it?
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast