Whats with Can Par?

That said, my local Canpar delivery guy is top notch.

Mine didn't even bother asking for ID or anything. Literally without a word held out his hands for a signature then left, with the package on the ground.

It was a pistol.

I live in an apartment building.

One of the most common posts I see on dealer threads is "Free shipping?" They don't even try to phrase a sentence, just FREE SHIPPING?

Canpar is often the most economical shipping service for guns and ammo.

I never see "Can I pay extra for faster shipping?" Laugh2

I get lots of packages, all the time. CP, CanPar, UPS, Purolater. Purolater is probably my favorite, but my only real complaint with Canpar is their tracking website sucks. They can be inconsistent- slow or fast- but the parcel always arrives. I do think that different areas with different courier staff see different results. I'm sure some areas have schit service.

But in the end, the shipping is free, so I guess we get what we pay for. :)

I will not purchase from any retailer that ships via Canpar. If that means I pass up on some great deals, oh well.....not worth the hassles.

Canpar is not Canada post. Just because they have the 1st 3 letters the same, doesn't mean they are the same company.

Canada post really screwed up a lot to do with shipping. They caused a large overflow that UPS, Canpar, Purolator etc had to cover. Also caused a significant dent in customer confidence for anyone. I've dealt with almost all of the private carriers during the postal strike. EVERY driver says the same thing, they are backed up.

Canpar dropped off a box of ammo to a drop point (a local gas station). My wife ended up picking up the parcel for me and the guy started shaking the box and exclaimed “this is ammo isn’t it? My boss was really upset and said ammo shouldn’t be shipped here.” Once I heard what they said I reported the matter to Canpar and I did manage to get through to then. Their job is the ship the parcel and not to question what is in it especially when they should know very well that they are the “ammo carrier”. Let me tell you I was beyond irate and would avoid Canpar whenever I can.

[

I live a few kilometres away and the package was small, I paid $25 for shipping, not cheap.

QUOTE=Gatehouse;15467308]One of the most common posts I see on dealer threads is "Free shipping?" They don't even try to phrase a sentence, just FREE SHIPPING?

Canpar is often the most economical shipping service for guns and ammo.

I never see "Can I pay extra for faster shipping?" Laugh2

I get lots of packages, all the time. CP, CanPar, UPS, Purolater. Purolater is probably my favorite, but my only real complaint with Canpar is their tracking website sucks. They can be inconsistent- slow or fast- but the parcel always arrives. I do think that different areas with different courier staff see different results. I'm sure some areas have schit service.

But in the end, the shipping is free, so I guess we get what we pay for. :)[/QUOTE]

Ive had good experiences with can par until the last few weeks. Order was shipped with can par, they gave it to loomis and loomis lost it. Apparently can par and loomis are sister companies and hand stuff off all the time.

Edit.. I should add the order i am referring to was not placed with canada ammo

F**k Canpar right up their useless ass. My last experience was a huge headache and costed me $100 in gas and hours and hours of wasted time. I bought a handgun on sale and in the end, it honestly was not worth the hassle I had to go through with Canpar.

Yeah, that's my experience with them time after time. I will not deal with anyone that ships via canpar if I know ahead of time, aside from ammo which has no reasonable alternative.

Don’t worry folks come March our mail will be back to normal lol

I doubt it, my delivery date keeps on getting further away.
Last Monday it was to be delivered on Dec 4th,now a week later it's up to Dec 12th and hasn't left the post office where it was dropped off.

My Canpar deliveries were right on time but the longer the mail strike the slower the deliveries. The last delivery took 2 days to go across a small town( week days)

If you're home all day long, Canpar isn't bad.
They tried delivering Friday - I called to try and tell them I'll just pick it up. I'm never really home. No answer in over 30 mins so I gave up.
Monday I made arrangements to work from home so I could be available.. all day long it sat saying "Appt Required" and I couldn't get through to ask if I could pick it up once again.
Today's Tuesday, and now it's out for damn delivery and I'm back at work.

Once again, 20 minutes on hold so far with no answer. I can give it another 45 minutes and then I have to give up.. if I don't get the parcel today I wont be able to pick it up or be home for delivery for 11 more days without some crazy arrangements.

Pretty sure it's just going to be sent back to Tenda and I'll have to re-pay shipping costs and just hope that their phone lines aren't as backed up after Christmas when it gets sent again. :\

Canada Post is a dream compared to Canpar if you ever have availability issues, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom