Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Whats with Can Par?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    My Canpar deliveries go to a store in Coquitlam and I go pick them up. That's it. No drama.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Canpar is the worst of the lot. I refuse to use them after over a dozen instances that may as well have ended up with me seeing red.

The time they lost my $12,000 .50BMG and refused to take it seriously was even worse. It was missing for almost five weeks until I finally threatened to report it as stolen by them to the RCMP. It showed up a few days later... funny about that.

If a dealer will not allow me to pay for any other method of shipping, then I will keep my money.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Regarding Canpar shipping.

After several transactions through Canpars depot i have never had a single problem . If you have shipping to your residence it just simply complicates things, there is no communication with driver and you must be there to sign for parcels. It is just simpler, more secure and convenient to ship to Canpar warehouse.

I've signed up for FlexDelivery with a local Canada Post outlet. There is not home delivery, the CP driver drops it off at the local Postal outlet, you get an email notification that it is ready to be picked up and voila! Done. You pick up at your convenience when you want to. FlexDelivery is free to sign up. It is kind of PO Box but it is for parcels only, you can use it with business and private shippers. I had a few parcels shipped during the postal strike but things were delivered properly and took maybe 2 or 3 days longer than normal. I dealt with Can Par once only and never will I go through this again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Thread revival. No more complaints about Canpar because no more deliveries of guns, ammo or anything firearm related. Who will pickup the ball?
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Ups?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by russ.ackland View Post
    Regarding Canpar shipping.

After several transactions through Canpars depot i have never had a single problem . If you have shipping to your residence it just simply complicates things, there is no communication with driver and you must be there to sign for parcels. It is just simpler, more secure and convenient to ship to Canpar warehouse.
    Except for some of us the Canpar Depot is in another city hours away and it’s only open during working hours. Good riddance to Canpar, but I do worry that other couriers might follow.

I didn’t notice this is an old thread ... so many CanPar threads today.

Quote Originally Posted by odsixer View Post
    Ups?
    I don't think they would have any less complaints, I came home to a package from them twice that wasnt supposed to be left without a signature.
    One was a case of ammo the other was a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    They all suck in some way, but hey at least we have options, my ammo showed up today, Canpar guy said they are running around like crazy over 300 deliveries a day
    Just curious to what options we have that will actually send ammo.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” Edmund Burke

Question. If I were to ship powder as a private sale or trade, how would they know what is in the package? Been a long time since I did this and can't remember if the shipping form asks for contents of package.