Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: We're Bringing You More Coverage for the Same Low Price!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Meaford Long Range Steel Challenge has just switched to Capri for liability insurance. Zach has been very helpful.
    Always happy to help! ��

Tagged

Was going to buy, but read the policy that says you stop funding a defence if we get an offer to plea down.

That greatly concerns me since we know all these charges get plea deal options, but theyre still bogus. are you guys just dump truck lawyer insurance, getting me to the reduced charges or will you actually defend me?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon_ha View Post
    Was going to buy, but read the policy that says you stop funding a defence if we get an offer to plea down.

That greatly concerns me since we know all these charges get plea deal options, but theyre still bogus. are you guys just dump truck lawyer insurance, getting me to the reduced charges or will you actually defend me?
    We work with existing third party criminal defence lawyers and do our best to partner with only the best. If you find yourself in a covered situation and a plea deal is offered, the lawyer would review and recommend a course of action to the insurance company, not the other way around. If the lawyer advises that the deal is garbage then it wouldn't be taken. If the lawyer advises that the deal being offered is the best you're going to get and recommends taking it then the insurance company goes on that recommendation.

There's one other provision that's important to note. Should the lawyer recommend taking the deal and you decline to take it, the insurance coverage would stop. However, if you continue to fight the charge and in the end win, then the insurance company would reimburse you for all the legal costs incurred. Have a look at the wording This provision is noted on PDF page 7 of the wording and its the last 2 paragraphs under section 6.3. Here's the link to the wording: https://firearmlegaldefence.com/wp-c...2-Nov.2018.pdf

Regards,
    Zach S

The problem with this, of course, is that one lawyer's opinion of a good deal is another's idea of a bad deal but despite this discrepancy, I still consider this insurance a good deal and have enrolled for the past 2+ years.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Yes! Please feel free to contact me directly:
    Zach Schwingenschloegl
    Zschwing@capricmw.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Meaford Long Range Steel Challenge has just switched to Capri for liability insurance. Zach has been very helpful.
    Always happy to help! ��
    We work with existing third party criminal defence lawyers and do our best to partner with only the best. If you find yourself in a covered situation and a plea deal is offered, the lawyer would review and recommend a course of action to the insurance company, not the other way around. If the lawyer advises that the deal is garbage then it wouldn't be taken. If the lawyer advises that the deal being offered is the best you're going to get and recommends taking it then the insurance company goes on that recommendation.

There's one other provision that's important to note. Should the lawyer recommend taking the deal and you decline to take it, the insurance coverage would stop. However, if you continue to fight the charge and in the end win, then the insurance company would reimburse you for all the legal costs incurred. Have a look at the wording This provision is noted on PDF page 7 of the wording and its the last 2 paragraphs under section 6.3. Here's the link to the wording: https://firearmlegaldefence.com/wp-c...2-Nov.2018.pdf

Regards,
    Zach S
    Ahhh, thats a hard pill to swallow. In cases like Gerald Stanley and Eduard Maurice, I wonder if they were offered plea deals and if insurance would have bounced at that moment. I can't risk the farm on a lawyers opinion on what a good plea deal may be.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    Ahhh, thats a hard pill to swallow. In cases like Gerald Stanley and Eduard Maurice, I wonder if they were offered plea deals and if insurance would have bounced at that moment. I can't risk the farm on a lawyers opinion on what a good plea deal may be.
    The reality is that having this policy has no impact on whether you find yourself in a bad situation or not. With the policy there's a chance you won't be financially ruined. Without the policy there's 100% chance you will be.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345