Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Question for those who bought 1000 rounds of AE 223 Black Friday deal

Do you guys know if Tenda normally ships with CANPAR or Canada Post?

I find CANPAR (and any company within the tfi group) does well for B2B shipments but are horrible when it comes to shipping direct to customer. They are just not set up with the proper infrastructure to do this (like all the shoppers drug mart pickup points) and it is where Canada Post really shines (and trumps even UPS and FEDEX)

CANPAR’s tracking system and customer service is horrible. I waited over 2 hours on their line and no one picked up.
    Also their pick up locations are horrible and they don’t deliver to these secondary pick up points until end of the NEXT business day if no one was home.

I bought a few of these from Tenda as well mine all came zip tied with a big warning sticker over it. i wouldn't consider it sealed but it didn't look tampered with - maybe I'll count em.

CGN Regular
    Canpar is horrible PERIOD. I ordered on November 22. Tracking indicates it was picked up on the 27th and took just one day to active in Moncton, highly questionable. It has been stuck in Moncton ever since.

I've tried calling their 1 800 number and have yet to succeed getting through. Most of the time the number is busy!

Hopefully it will arrive....

CGN Regular
    So I finally got my order from Canpar, but not without being diligent about it. They had basically lost my package. According to their own tracking info, it was picked up Nov 26th, reached their Toronto terminal on the 29th (a 3 day drive to go 30km), then left and returned to the same terminal the same day, and then on Nov 30th, tracking said it was sent out Dec 1st. But Dec 4th, there was no update. Called customer service, and 27 minutes later spoke to a rep who read back to me what was on the online tracking site, and that it was on the way, although she could not tell me where it was. December 6th I call again, and after 47 minutes speak to a guy named Rene. Same deal. He brushes it off. I say to him, "Sir, this is 1000 rounds of rifle ammunition. You can't tell me where it is. I am a responsible gun owner. If you have lost 1000 rounds of MY rifle ammunition, I feel it would only be responsible to advise the CFO, The RCMP, and the Toronto Police to ensure that this doesn't get diverted. I can only assume that this would not play well in the media.". All of a sudden I hear keys clicking and he comes back with, "Oh, it looks like that was supposed to be sent to the terminal in Concord, so it is probably there but it was never scanned.'. Ok, so you still can't tell me where it is. "Sir, I will email the Concord supervisor, and I will call you back.". And just before he hangs up I ask, "Do you have my phone number?".....Paaaause...."Ummm, no". I give it to him.

Next day Rene calls back to tell me that my package has been found, and it is on the way. 2 hours later, it arrives, and the driver says to me twice, "Enough here to kill a dinosaur!!".

Tenda, awesome !!! Canpar....meh. If you click to do their online survey, goes to a dead link. Zero negative reviews !!! Good going Canpar.

Canpar…..
    This is the first time I've had anything shipped by Canpar. Can't say anything good, yet.

Last Dec 5, tracking said 9:43am "with courier". I was waiting. No delivery the whole day. Later that evening I tracked the package and it said 6:00 pm "non-attempt".

I watched tracking next day Thursday as well as Friday....no update. Called up their Customer Assistance 1800 number and it was not available.

So I called Tenda Friday afternoon and asked for assistance with CANPAR. Tenda emailed CANPAR, and I was CC'd. I was expecting a reply.

I didn't check tracking info the next day. Turned out, they tried to deliver at noon. Dang, I wasn't home. Driver left Card saying I should pick up the package at their Smartspot, 30 minute drive from my home without traffic. WTF?

At best, Canpar is inefficient and has poor communications. They should've have at least replied to Tenda's email and CC'd me that they will try deliver the next day which was a Saturday.

So I called them again yesterday Monday. Same 1800 Customer Service number, same recorded reply....not available.

Fedex or UPS would've tried to deliver again.

Canpar is the lowest bidder of the delivery world. You get what you pay for. There's a reason why most free shipping offers involve them, especially on ammunition orders.

That being said Canpar has never lost one of my orders. The local delivery guy knows where I work and live and my stuff always gets to me either way.

My 10 boxes came unmolested.
    That said, Canpar sucks. Big time
    Click, Bang.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    Some of the comments here really highlight the irrational paranoia in our gun community... holy $&*# people.
    People mail much more valuable things than rounds at 33 cents each... yeah Canpar is taking 10 from each and making a killing.....? Even better, Tenda is!!! Heck, maybe they're both working together and the Canada Post strike has something to do with it all. Something something RCMP data breach in 1987.

Y'all are funny!
    people are strange to say the least--lmao

CANPAR has not lost any firearms or ammo yet I have ordered from Tenda. With this said CANPAR tracking sucks, it will give you a fright by having packages appear to disappear at the depot for days or a week, with no updates.
    Proud CCFR member

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by BDSL View Post
    I got the 223 shipped to my house. The card board box was a little beat up but was probably Canpar's fault...not Tenda. Upon opening the box, I see the plastic bag within is open. Is the plastic bag suppose to be sealed? I don't have the patience to count all the rounds in the bag.

Edited:
    I just want to make sure Canpar workers are not messing around with my package. I trust Tenda 200%

Edited 2nd time:
    My bag was not sealed. It was folded. No zip tie. Hopefully nothing fell out.
    You trust Tenda 200%? I used to until their current Smith & Wesson 15% off sale! Where they jacked up the prices more than 15% on all revolvers and the items they didn't jack up the price on well the coupon code won't work for them. So this "Sale" has you paying more than you would have regular price before the sale.