Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Question for those who bought 1000 rounds of AE 223 Black Friday deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    not as yet. i calculated reloading at around 35c per rnd for components only, add time and....ill still just buy it.
    I guess if you include purchasing brass every time... But without including brass in the price, assuming you're reloading the same "quality" ammo, and are waiting till you can find deals on powder/bullets (Which i think is fair, if you're comparing to once a year sale prices on ammo), you should be able to get a .223 rem cartridge reloaded for around $.025 or less.

Buy factory cheap, shoot factory, save brass, reload, profit

Or just shoot a CQB/3-gun match. Lots of .223 brass for the chickens at those things, lol.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    I guess if you include purchasing brass every time... But without including brass in the price, assuming you're reloading the same "quality" ammo, and are waiting till you can find deals on powder/bullets (Which i think is fair, if you're comparing to once a year sale prices on ammo), you should be able to get a .223 rem cartridge reloaded for around $.025 or less.

Buy factory cheap, shoot factory, save brass, reload, profit

Or just shoot a CQB/3-gun match. Lots of .223 brass for the chickens at those things, lol.
    For $.025/round I could see myself reloading
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    For $.025/round I could see myself reloading
    .223/5.56 Rds are around .35 to .39 cents in a deal (tax in). If the reloading cost is accurate and you value your own time at all its far from worth reloading if not for accuracy or extreme volume (for me anyways).

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789