Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Keeping Maccabee takedown screw tight

Lol

CGN Regular
    https://www.mutualscrew.com/departme...rews-18312.cfm

These screws have a small nylon 'pellet' implanted in a hole. Next week I'll see if I can source them in SS from Fastenal, maybe MDI can switch to these style.

I dont know about you guys, however i think using stainless hardware on a billet receiver is a bad idea, should be a carbon steel screw shouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    I dont know about you guys, however i think using stainless hardware on a billet receiver is a bad idea, should be a carbon steel screw shouldn't it?
    it doesn't screw into the receiver itself. so no issues.

CGN Regular
    did' int Maccabee make a quick release takedown too ???

Quote Originally Posted by PGW Steve View Post
    https://www.mutualscrew.com/departme...rews-18312.cfm

These screws have a small nylon 'pellet' implanted in a hole. Next week I'll see if I can source them in SS from Fastenal, maybe MDI can switch to these style.
    I dunno about general hardware, but the last snowboard I bought came with nylock SCREWS. Basically a standard screw but with a slot cut down the length of it (like a keyway) filled with a rubbery material similar to that of nylock nuts

Edit: found em https://nylok.com/products/nylok-torq-strip
    I am a kit hor(der)

BANNED
    Man i literally just ordered a set and got it a few days later, i genuinely feel bad for people who ordered a year ago and still dont have theirs. Regarding the take down screw though, i do not really have confidence in it at all. Worst part is the recievers dont align naturally where the holes line up, so you have to wiggle it and find a sweet spot, but this runs the risk of obviously stripping the screw. Not overly impressed with anything on the mdi reciever set, but it does what it says it will, to a very minimal standard. If they were selling them for 300 bucks itd be a different story.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by eldarbo View Post
    Man i literally just ordered a set and got it a few days later, i genuinely feel bad for people who ordered a year ago and still dont have theirs. Regarding the take down screw though, i do not really have confidence in it at all. Worst part is the recievers dont align naturally where the holes line up, so you have to wiggle it and find a sweet spot, but this runs the risk of obviously stripping the screw. Not overly impressed with anything on the mdi reciever set, but it does what it says it will, to a very minimal standard. If they were selling them for 300 bucks itd be a different story.
    Literally the only reaaon these are acceptable is because people are scared of C71.

If C71 wasnt looming we could all wait for Modern Sporters.

Congrats MDI (i.e. 2 joe blows in their garage) youve got a real winning combination of product/events here
    f:P

BANNED
    Just a small update, i just took the screw out completely to see why it keeps coming loose, oh wow its THE WRONG SIZE GOD DAMNED SCREW. good job maccabee, ive given you the benefit of the doubt too many times but now this is the last straw, you guys have no business operating machinery.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by eldarbo View Post
    Just a small update, i just took the screw out completely to see why it keeps coming loose, oh wow its THE WRONG SIZE GOD DAMNED SCREW. good job maccabee, ive given you the benefit of the doubt too many times but now this is the last straw, you guys have no business operating machinery.
    Too big or too small?
    f:P

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast