Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Keeping Maccabee takedown screw tight

TrevorF, Did you buy the Gunworx build kit or did you buy your own parts? Just curious.
    I know the build kit parts seem to fit better than other standard parts when it comes to tolerances.
    Not sure why... I’m sure if I were a little more patient with my build I could have avoided the problems I had.
    Last edited by Brots; 12-13-2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote
    "Do not wind her up. That is a big gun and she is baby crazy." - Sterling Archer

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorF View Post
    Well then. Am I the only one who got his together without any problems and haven't have any problems since?
    I've had mine since early July and haven't had any issues. Runs fine. Accurate. Light. Quality.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62mm View Post
    I seem to be in the minority as well....Had to trim a little off the trigger box to make my desired trigger to work, but it all went together without a hitch
    Went together without a hitch....... Except you had to remove material to make parts fit.......
    I've never built an AR that needed material removed to make parts fit, so I find it very comical that so many are standing up for this product when it's obviously a poorly designed product with terrible tolerances...

Quote Originally Posted by Brots View Post
    TrevorF, Did you buy the Gunworx build kit or did you buy your own parts? Just curious.
    I know the build kit parts seem to fit better than other standard parts when it comes to tolerances.
    Not sure why... I’m sure if I were a little more patient with my build I could have avoided the problems I had.
    I started with a DD LPK then added a Geissele. I wouldn't buy their kit because they wouldn't tell me who made the parts in their kit. I wasn't paying the same price as a known brand name LPK only to get Norc quality. Not saying they used Norc parts but since they wouldn't tell me where they got their parts and were deleting my posts on the SLR builders page on FB I opted to vote with my dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Went together without a hitch....... Except you had to remove material to make parts fit.......
    I've never built an AR that needed material removed to make parts fit, so I find it very comical that so many are standing up for this product when it's obviously a poorly designed product with terrible tolerances...
    To play devils advocate here, you didn't build an AR. It doesn't have AR tolerances... You said you never had to remove material from an AR before, well you still haven't.
    According to the Calgary shooting center I got the first one in the wild. I would have liked the magwell to be AR spec, but again, I didn't buy an AR, I bought an SLR so I accept what I got. Mine went together without a hitch. I used quality parts and got a quality rifle. The SLR is simply an AR parts holder, nothing more, nothing less. The better the parts you use, the better the gun. Is it expensive, yup. We're paying a NR tax on it for sure. All said, I'm into mine for over $3k. No regrets.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 7.62mm's Avatar
    Yeah, it is a new design....they probably didn't have the trigger I wanted to use on hand when they designed the trigger box...if I had of used a milspec trigger, probably wouldn't have been a problem.....some people just want and desire to find fault where ever they can find it,
    Join CSSA Call 1-888-873-4339 for info!
    Join CCFR https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/

To play devils advocate here, you didn't build an AR. It doesn't have AR tolerances... You said you never had to remove material from an AR before, well you still haven't.
    According to the Calgary shooting center I got the first one in the wild. I would have liked the magwell to be AR spec, but again, I didn't buy an AR, I bought an SLR so I accept what I got. Mine went together without a hitch. I used quality parts and got a quality rifle. The SLR is simply an AR parts holder, nothing more, nothing less. The better the parts you use, the better the gun. Is it expensive, yup. We're paying a NR tax on it for sure. All said, I'm into mine for over $3k. No regrets.

YES Exactly well said

CGN Regular
    You bought a receiver set that uses Ar mags, but didn’t fit at mags... congratulations

I have the first sporter in the Wild, everything fits, every mag I could possibly find fits and drops free.......... and no grinding, buffing, drilling or any other modification was required.

I’m not the one finding fault in the product, the product itself is showing the faults...
    it’s a $1000 disaster, that some are happy with

He trimmed to get “his” choice of trigger to fit and not the recommended trigger. It is on the website that not all triggers will fit. That is on the owner and not the OEM.

It is not an AR and 100% compatibilite. We know that.
    CCFR — CSSA

Good post!
    CCFR — CSSA

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast