Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FX 9 Malfunctions

Sellier and bellot ammo is a little hotter than blazer

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Feeding could be improper seating (not saying it’s your fault, could be Mag catch is faulty or magwell is too open and mags wiggle).
    Extraction, how many different types of ammo did you use? Have you checked the extractor to see if something is broken/missing? It sucks that it isn’t working but you need to eliminate reasons for it not working until you find the problem. Or send it in for warranty.
    Different ammo may help, but I'd hate to have a gun that would of shoot only a selected type of ammo. Try letting the bolt slam in with a few dummy rounds in the mag and then eject it (do it safely if using a live round), repeat a few times and pay attention to the action and the area picking up the rounds, see if there is anything that may potentially be catching a second round, such as the mag seating too deeply, or the bolt being faulty and oversized.

The only fix - replace it with an RRA carbine
    Ask-hole: Someone who constantly asks for advice then does the opposite of what you told them.

Quote Originally Posted by bsrcuda View Post
    I had mine out this afternoon.

Only put one box of Magtech through it.

Used the mag that came with it and a Magpul 10/17.

5 rounds at a time. Forgot my loader and it was cool out.

Ran flawless.

I gave it a quick shot of G96 for lube.

The ammo is about 10 years old.
    Try it with 10. Bet you see a difference.

I've run 3 different brands and weights of bullets. No discernible difference in reliability.

If I wanted to "break-in" a new gun with "hot" ammo, I would have bought a crappy Turkish semi 12 gauge. I didn't realize I was buying the American-made equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Feeding could be improper seating (not saying it’s your fault, could be Mag catch is faulty or magwell is too open and mags wiggle).
    Extraction, how many different types of ammo did you use? Have you checked the extractor to see if something is broken/missing? It sucks that it isn’t working but you need to eliminate reasons for it not working until you find the problem. Or send it in for warranty.
    There's no way to improperly seat the mag. It's either in or it's out on the ground. It look fine inside from what I can see. And like I said, the same mag feeds and extracts just fine, until it doesn't.

Given the weight of the bolt and strength of the spring, there's no way the 1st round should fail to go fully into battery without some sort of tolerance or design issue. If the design requires over 300 rounds of normal 9mm (and it's not running right at that count yet) then it is flawed.

Maybe it's got something to do with the wiggly feed ramp pinned into the lower? Does it wiggle on other FX9s?
    Last edited by Stevo; 12-09-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    Whatever

BANNED
    "Break in" a 9mm blowback, that made me laugh.

CGN Regular
    Maybe you received a bad apple, these things happen. I have one, had one FTE within the first 20 rounds with the supplied mag. After it was removed with an oem Glock mag, 300 rounds later and no issues. That includes it loaded with 10 rounds. I soaked it with CLP right off the bat as it felt a bit gritty and needed some wearing in. Feels much much better now.

Mine was bone dry from the factory. Cleaned and lubed it for the first trip out. Had both feed and extraction issues on 115gr and 124gr so I ran through 50 147gr then switched back to 115 grain with no issues. Cleaned and lubed again and it runs flawlessly. I have about 600 rounds through it so far. Awesome rifle.

BANNED
    Been dealing with $hit like this with a pistol currently, that is off topic anyways

Try some 147g stuff, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling with this and hope these kinks work out soon cause I want one of these too

Try polish the chamber with 0000 steel wool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Been dealing with $hit like this with a pistol currently, that is off topic anyways

Try some 147g stuff, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling with this and hope these kinks work out soon cause I want one of these too
    I did shoot 147. No difference.
    Whatever

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast