Thread: Advice on first sale

Advice on first sale

Hey all,

First - thank you for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate all advice and tips!!

So - The buyer has given me a picture of their RPAL and also provided their home address and cell phone number. The buyer also advised me they are a police officer which I assume quite a few users on here are, but I assume this makes no difference in the process.

*EDIT* This is for a restricted firearm.
    At this point we've agreed on a price, a pickup/delivery location (at a gun range between us). He also agreed to send me the money before I initiate the transfer (is this legal? I wasn't sure about money exchanging hands before the transfer has been initiated) and that I would then call the RCMP the day I receive payment and start the transfer process and provide him with the Reference number.

I am most definitely a newbie to this process and want to make sure everything is done legally - any advice on the process is greatly appreciated!

Thank you all for your time, you have my utmost gratitude!
    Last edited by SIGSauerKraut; 12-10-2018 at 03:12 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    As far as I’m concerned , the firearm is usually payed in full before the transfer is initiated but that is basically up to you and the buyer . U can decide to do it either way u guy wish as long as ur both on the same page . If that’s not the case , walk away .

Don’t forget to send the item .

Basically it goes like this.

Buyer pays seller in full by whatever means they agree on.

Seller initiates transfer. You'll get a reference number from the cfo. You pass that to the buyer and they call in to complete the transfer.

While on the phone they'll ask how the buyer is going to take possession of the firearm. Mailing, delivery, pickup, etc. If you're meeting him at a range they'll want the address. Depending on your province they may require you to get a short term att to do this.

Once the transfer is approved, anywhere from 24hrs to 2 months depending on province you can let the buyer have their gun. You'll get a notice of transfer when it's complete. Ask the cfo lady to email it to you when you're doing the transfer, otherwise you have to wait for Canada post to deliver it.

Any other questions feel free to ask.
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

Dont be shy about requesting money before because you know your a good guy and wont take off.

In my opinion the buyer has gone above and beyond providing you a picture of the rpal. There is really no need for that and I won’t provide a photo of my actual license. Usually I agree on terms, get payment, verify pal by using pal number/initiate transfer for restricted. When transfer is complete deliver/ship as agreed in step 1.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Money first transfer ok from the Firearms peoples and then delivery upon all things being good to go.
    Anyone can claim to be a Cop on the internet, but until you see a Sheila face to face the claim doesn't hold much water.
    I have sold to a couple of active police officers and one retired officer .

Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Given that I’m a newbie I appreciate posts like this!

Last edited by TeeJay; 12-31-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    “Politicians and diapers must be replaced often, and for the same reason.”
    Mark Twain

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis_m View Post
    In my opinion the buyer has gone above and beyond providing you a picture of the rpal. There is really no need for that and I won’t provide a photo of my actual license. Usually I agree on terms, get payment, verify pal by using pal number/initiate transfer for restricted. When transfer is complete deliver/ship as agreed in step 1.
    Big time! I'd never give out a picture of my PAL