Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if PAL reference misses phone call?

What if PAL reference misses phone call?

Hi guys,

I am just wondering what happens if one of my references misses the phone call from the main office (if it even happens), do they leave a number to call them back? Or wait for another call? I heard after 3 calls missed they stop calling, any truth to that?

Thanks

You won't get your PAL and will need to do your course all over again.
    Don't worry, go plinking, be happy!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by franktank View Post
    You won't get your PAL and will need to do your course all over again.
    Best this is to have your references just call in themselves and request to leave a reference for you. Saves tons of time and telephone tag.

I've read that once you have your file number, which I believe you can get from the RCMP or the office (once they've started to process it), that you can have your references call the office and do the interview then. Just have them quote your file number.

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    Best this is to have your references just call in themselves and request to leave a reference for you. Saves tons of time and telephone tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin-D View Post
    I've read that once you have your file number, which I believe you can get from the RCMP or the office (once they've started to process it), that you can have your references call the office and do the interview then. Just have them quote your file number.
    Thanks...I realize I can have them call in directly, but just wondering what happens if they don't.

If it is the standard PAL they may not even contact the references.

Yep

Anyone know the answer to my question, though?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    They try a few times.

If their answering machine is a first and last name they will leave a message.

If they don't get ahold of them they will mail a notice saying they couldn't and to have them call.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    They try a few times.

If their answering machine is a first and last name they will leave a message.

If they don't get ahold of them they will mail a notice saying they couldn't and to have them call.
    Perfect, thanks.

Also, just a side question, in the PAL form it says under the CFSC section "Yes. If yes, please indicate the province where the course was passed, the year completed and attach proof".

What kind of "proof" do they require? I photocopied the front and back of my Quebec card that I received saying that I passed the course, but not sure what other proof they would want. In Quebec I don't think we receive a paper saying we passed, because I didn't...just got the card in the mail and that was all.

the cfc will send a letter to the reference with file # and who to call if they miss getting in touch with the reference .
    have not forgotten the forgotten Winchesters ,the models 1905, 1907, and 1910 self-loading rifles
    martinis too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast