Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marlin 1894 CSBL 357 Magnums have arrived!.....:)

Very cool they’re starting to come. I’m holding out for the .44mag version though

What’s so special about these versions?

Quote Originally Posted by marco594 View Post
    Why is that????

???????

Quote Originally Posted by Bak Dur View Post
    What’s so special about these versions?
    Everyone who loves their Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 will love these models. They are almost identical in design other than they are smaller overall and obviously different calibers.

What makes them special is they are virtually Trapper models in design. Handy, easy to maneuver and the stainless/laminate looks great. We all know how desirable the Trapper lever action models are, in addition they seem to bring premium prices everywhere.

Of course, this is just my opinion, others may disagree. That's ok too.......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Anyone got these new rifles?
    How is the quality control?
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    Anyone got these new rifles?
    How is the quality control?
    Mine is still hung up in Canada Post's BS, I will give a full report once she is received. I am going to polish the action and internals as I do on all my Marlin lever action guns.

Will try to include some pics as well.

Spoke to a rep at Marlin today, I asked if they thought about bringing back the Marlin 1894 FG in 41 magnum. Well go figure, they are talking about the possibility. It may or may not happen, if it does I will buy one. I love the 41 magnum cartridge!......
    Last edited by Thunderhog; 12-21-2018 at 09:58 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sun_and_Steel_77's Avatar
    Got mine thursday spent a good 4 hours that evening breaking the sharp edges with a jewelers file and stone and installing a one piece stainless firing pin and wolff spring kit,it cycles buttery smooth now. I got out shooting with it yesterday and was grouping 1.5-2" at 50 yards with the same 125gr cowboy loads that my JM stamped 1894C likes.

I will try to do a full report with pics but my first impressions are metalwork and trigger are great but the wood to metal fitment is still not great and definitely not up to JM standard. Nothing catastrophic as I will work on the buttstock over the holidays and have it fitting just right, but for someone who isn't handy or doesn't wish to tinker it could very well be a deal breaker.
    Thanks again to thunderhog for the intel that put this rifle in my eager hands right before Christmas and I will also say that Ellwood Epps did a fine job on their end...no complaints here.

Last edited by Sun_and_Steel_77; 12-22-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_and_Steel_77 View Post
    Got mine thursday spent a good 4 hours that evening breaking the sharp edges with a jewelers file and stone and installing a one piece stainless firing pin and wolff spring kit,it cycles buttery smooth now. I got out shooting with it yesterday and was grouping 1.5-2" at 50 yards with the same 125gr cowboy loads that my JM stamped 1894C likes.

I will try to do a full report with pics but my first impressions are metalwork and trigger are great but the wood to metal fitment is still not great and definitely not up to JM standard. Nothing catastrophic as I will work on the buttstock over the holidays and have it fitting just right, but for someone who isn't handy or doesn't wish to tinker it could very well be a deal breaker.
    Thanks again to thunderhog for the intel that put this rifle in my eager hands right before Christmas and I will also say that Ellwood Epps did a fine job on their end...no complaints here.
    This rifle doesn't sound very impressive for an item pushing $1300.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_and_Steel_77 View Post

Wow! Beautiful rifles Sun_Steel_, I wish mine wasn't stuck in Canada Post World. Glad to hear the accuracy is good. They all look amazing together. We look forward to a full report, thanks for sharing M....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast