Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Stainless/Syn 77/357 in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibious View Post
    Owned one for years. Killed a few bears and Mule Deer with it. Sold it to a buddy and his wife has slayed a half dozen more mulies.

Should have never sold it. 158gr xtp over lil’gun. Hammers stuff out to 120ish.
    I'm sure we would all love your 357 recipe with Lil' Gun. Was your 158 Hornady XTP a hollow point? Please enlighten us, if you would be so kind to share!.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    I'm sure we would all love your 357 recipe with Lil' Gun. Was your 158 Hornady XTP a hollow point? Please enlighten us, if you would be so kind to share!.....
    Published max load of Lil’gun. Wish i remembered what it chrony’d. i shot a 2x2 mulie at a lasered 122yrs with it. beauty mushroom under the offside hide. There are two 158gr XTPs, different part numbers, one is meant for rifle, the other pistol. I used the tougher rifle one. After 120yrds it really starts to fall fast and the energy drops off.

I had the same rifle in 44mag (300xtp over lil’gun). lived in my helicopter for a few years and shot a few bears. Great gun. As with the 357, stupidly sold it. Leupold 2-7x33 seems made for these rifes. The VQ trigger kit for the 77/22 fits these riflea and drastically improves the trigger for few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    I love Prophet River and Clay, but holy s%%%t, get real with your pricing guys!....
    Than go buy one from a cheaper retailer.

BANNED
    Have always wanted one of these!!!
    Last edited by pure.black.xiii; 12-15-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Published max load of Lil’gun. Wish i remembered what it chrony’d. i shot a 2x2 mulie at a lasered 122yrs with it. beauty mushroom under the offside hide. There are two 158gr XTPs, different part numbers, one is meant for rifle, the other pistol. I used the tougher rifle one. After 120yrds it really starts to fall fast and the energy drops off.

I had the same rifle in 44mag (300xtp over lil’gun). lived in my helicopter for a few years and shot a few bears. Great gun. As with the 357, stupidly sold it. Leupold 2-7x33 seems made for these rifes. The VQ trigger kit for the 77/22 fits these riflea and drastically improves the trigger for few dollars.
    Thanks Amphibious, I too owned both 77/44 & 77/357 models, sadly sold both rifles. Loved them both. Have lever action Marlin 1894 CSBL on it's way now. Sold my Marlin 44 mag as well. One day I will buy another Ruger 77/357, they are definitely great rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmremmagnum View Post
    Than go buy one from a cheaper retailer.
    Very good point! For the record I have purchased two rifles from Clay in the past, both excellent experiences.

I did notice the price is now a more reasonable $1249.00, yes I understand prices go up, In saying that how much is too much? Only personal choice can answer that one.....

CGN Regular

Thanks for this^^ I 've been undecided on using this for short-range whitetail hunting. It sure is a handy little gun! The $50 volquartsen trigger upgrade is beautiful and a must. I also have a leupold 2-7x33 on it

Found this:

BULLET WEIGHT158 GR. HDY XTP

Starting Loads
    Maximum Loads

Manufacturer
    Powder
    Bullet Diam.
    C.O.L.
    el. ft/s)Pressu
    rs.
    Vel. (ft/s
    Pressur
    Hodgdon
    Lil'Gun
    .357"
    1.580"
    24,100 CUP
    25,800 CUP

Last edited by Thunderhog; 12-15-2018 at 04:09 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    Is the 357 more desirable than the 44 mag??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike112288 View Post
    Is the 357 more desirable than the 44 mag??
    For Hunting 44 mag is way better, for range work it's cheaper to shot.
    Last edited by caramel; 12-15-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast