Taylors and Co Revolving Carbines (Uberti) In Stock

We are not sure the rule that makes them non restricted, or if there even is a rule. ;) However, these are clearly listed in the RCMP FRT database as non restricted. Most single action revolving carbines seem to be NR.

You forgot to preface your your statement by saying for now...

For now BB guns are not prohibited.

For now water pistols are not prohibited.

For now....

I'd be in for one of these.

How are they NR??

Other ones were restricted because they were the same frames coming off the handgun line but with a stock & longer barrel added.
Judging from the stock shape(there's no pistol grip), the frame of this carbine is not the same as any pistol they're making.
Hence, it's a new firearm that's non restricted rather than a restricted handgun(while restricted rifles[that aren't specifically named as restricted] can change classification based on barrel or oal, a restricted handgun can never be non-res)

I'd love to hear some reviews on these carbines!

The reason they are no restricted , is that if you take stock off
They can not be fired because of no grip!
You can not hold it:)

I wouldn't use stiff loads as well wear a glove on the hand and a long sleeved shirt in front of the cylinder as "stippling" burns. A buddy has an Armini in .357 .Killed a big mulie doe with a frontal chest shot .......the 158gr went in 20 " for a bang flop kill.

How are they NR??

The reason they are no restricted , is that if you take stock off
They can not be fired because of no grip!
You can not hold it:)

CGN'ers 220 and lone-wolf are correct: the Taylor's stock is held on by a very long bolt like an older style shotgun or rifle stock into the frame right behind the cylinder. If you've ever removed a shotgun stock imagine shooting it with no stock, grip or handle of any kind. The reason the Circuit Judge got deemed restricted is because under the stock is the grip for a handgun that normal Judge grips can be put onto: cut the barrel and you have a handgun. I don't agree with the idea, but that's their logic.

I really love the idea of the revolving rifle/shotgun. Likely because I like more rare action types.

What does "Taylor Tuning" do to it out of curiosity?

Back
Top Bottom