Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pics from the FOC Project UNUM VIP Launch Party!

Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    No RMR cut, no barrel kind of stings.

well considering there were only 9 available for sale and they all sold to very eager people (with many very disappointed they could not get one) i guess that is kind of a moot point at this stage...but perhaps FOC could take that into consideration for the next one in the Signature series.

RL

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    funny we were all trying to guess the price before it was released and i guessed it would be between $2000 and $2500

To answer your question,

Glock 19
    Stipling work and slide by Red Tower Armory
    Rehlm backplate and magazine baseplate
    Agency Arms trigger
    Grey Fox Strategic holster and two mag carriers
    Nanuk case with custom cut foam
    customized Glock knife

Perhaps some other components (not sure if it is coated??)

I think the price is pretty fair considering Agency Arms, Zev, and Taran Tactical are all in the $3000+ range and that is without the case, holsters, and knife
    Leaving aside the case, holsters, and knife, this is a Glock 19 with stippling, cosmetic slide work (no RMR cut), an improved trigger, and magazine baseplates. The way it was hyped suggested there was going to be something revolutionary/very unique. It may be that I am missing the point - this is a celebration of what can happen when Canadian companies collaborate - but I was expecting a different product.

I don't mean to detract from the great work that was done, and I am sure great things are to come.

yes i think you are right about the fact that it is a celebaration of a canadian collaboration...i think coming up with something revolutionary (like say a 10 shot belt fed pistol) would require a lot more than 10 units being sold to be economically viable.

I guess my expectation going in was that this was the first in a series of upcoming collaborations and this was the launch of the idea of the collaboration as opposed to the launch of a new platform to be sold en masse. .

as a knife collector, i would love to see something like a custom knife by Greg Lightfoot (or another top Canadian maker) with matching themed gun all incorporating the same "special" materials or something like that.

RL

While the overall package does nothing for me and the price seems a bit bloated for what you get, overall I think the idea behind it all is great. Hope that more Canadian Companies get on board with doing collaborations!

I received an invitation but when I found out it was a Glock project I decided not to go. Sorry but Glocks just don't do anything for me. I also thought that it would have been more exotic of a pistol than what's been described. Perhaps they should have made more than ten to give people whose wanted one an opportunity to buy one.

Yo dem glizzys wuz strait ballin. Dey be lookin strait tite wit extendos. Yall need to buy me one fo crimas homey

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    well considering there were only 9 available for sale and they all sold to very eager people (with many very disappointed they could not get one) i guess that is kind of a moot point at this stage...but perhaps FOC could take that into consideration for the next one in the Signature series.

RL
    Well obviously there’s a market for this kind of thing in Canada, especially if they keep it to a limited edition.

My point was more that it’s missing some obvious features that would showcase what kind of work can be done. If you really want to make a competitor to agency arms, atei, and zev or whoever else you would want to offer the same features.

CGN frequent flyer
    What’s the point of using glock 19 with. Longer mag? Why not just use 17?

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    What’s the point of using glock 19 with. Longer mag? Why not just use 17?
    i believe it was based on the "Canadian edition" G19, which was in keeping with the "Canadian" theme...also G19 is not as common as the G17, i would think

Quote Originally Posted by JungerJager View Post
    While the overall package does nothing for me and the price seems a bit bloated for what you get, overall I think the idea behind it all is great. Hope that more Canadian Companies get on board with doing collaborations!
    thanks..that's the kind of comment i appreciate...fine for the gun not to be for you but good that you appreciate the intent...at a time when politicians are threatening us with gun bans, it is awesome to see the Canadian gun community come together...there were people at the event who came in from Montreal and Ottawa (among other places) and the atmosphere was just awesome...like where you can celebrate being a gun owner as opposed to hiding in shame, as some do. Also, there were A LOT of women at the event, many of whom were super anxious to get the UNUM, exactly what we need.

RL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast