Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger PC Carbine 9mm In Stock!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    I have both a restricted one in the box,and a non-restricted one from back when you could do that,the NR ones are pretty rare,so this Ruger has that going for it,but it's a big heavy clunky brick,to bad,i was really hoping it would be nicer,and the fact that the store has them in stock while a lot of guys are still waiting on their pre-orders,but the Big C pretty much gets preferential treatment from Ruger since they are Ruger's largest Canadian seller,but we really shouldn't be talking about them on this sponsors forum.
    Every review I've read and watched says it's an advancement over the Marlin Camp. If you can't curl 6 lbs, maybe the problem isn't the rifle. Just sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by Raezor19 View Post
    Every review I've read and watched says it's an advancement over the Marlin Camp. If you can't curl 6 lbs, maybe the problem isn't the rifle. Just sayin....

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Raezor19 View Post
    funny,but i haven't seen a single comparison to the Camp 9 anywhere.so please enlighten me with where you read that,,as for your claim of improvement,that's just funny,since they use the exact same operating system,LOL.,so that point's out the window,by the way,have you ever held or used a Camp 9? to make your own impartial judgement,because i have,

funny,but i haven't seen a single comparison to the Camp 9 anywhere.so please enlighten me with where you read that,,as for your claim of improvement,that's just funny,since they use the exact same operating system,LOL.,so that point's out the window,by the way,have you ever held or used a Camp 9? to make your own impartial judgement,because i have,
    Just Google 'marlin camp and ruger pc9'. Easy peazy, lemon squeezy.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...camp-9.145169/
    https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=592926
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/showth...mp-carbine-9mm
    https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=725897
    https://www.thektog.org/threads/marl...-ruger.208364/

You can keep going. I'm bored.

There's some good comments for both rifles, but to Raezor19's point, there are plenty of comparisons.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    I don't think there is any real point in comparing the two rifles to see which one is better. Its a moot argument since the Camp 9 is not available other than once in a long while on the EE. I used one for a number of years and it was a well made rifle that was reliable. However the Colt 9mm AR that replaced it was far more suitable for Duty work.

I now own a Ruger PCC and I am really impressed. There are so many different features, I don't see the similarities other than from a distance (although Im sure there are a few ). The Camp 9 is a great range plinker. The Ruger PCC is a great range plinker, a compact (take down) bush cary gun and soon to be tricked out to be my PCC rifle for competition. I think its a winner and soon to be one of the most popular PC carbines on the market. But thats just my take.

CGN Regular
    Would love to see an M&P9 mag adaptor.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    I don't think there is any real point in comparing the two rifles to see which one is better. Its a moot argument since the Camp 9 is not available other than once in a long while on the EE. I used one for a number of years and it was a well made rifle that was reliable. However the Colt 9mm AR that replaced it was far more suitable for Duty work.

I now own a Ruger PCC and I am really impressed. There are so many different features, I don't see the similarities other than from a distance (although Im sure there are a few ). The Camp 9 is a great range plinker. The Ruger PCC is a great range plinker, a compact (take down) bush cary gun and soon to be tricked out to be my PCC rifle for competition. I think its a winner and soon to be one of the most popular PC carbines on the market. But thats just my take.
    I have to agree the Camp 9 is not easy to come by,both mine came from the EE and were the only ones i ever seen for sale here,so availability is definitely out,and my Non-restricted one took forever to find but was worth it to be able to take it anywhere,so it's not just a range toy,
    The Ruger PC will definitely be great to give more people a chance at a 9mm carbine option,my only complaint was about how clunky they are compared to a Camp 9,they definitely wont be breaking anytime soon,but you have to admit,a nice simple wood stocked non take down would be a great option to have.as for being the most popular 9mm carbine in Canada,i think the FX-9 might have a different opinion,if they ever get them,

Quote Originally Posted by -Doug- View Post
    Would love to see an M&P9 mag adaptor.
    I read on an American Forum if you cut the rectangular slot on the front top third portion of the M&P 9 magazine, they will work. Can anyone else confirm this? You apparently have to use the Ruger SR9 magwell.

I tried the S&W M&P 9 mag in my Ruger PC Carbine, it fits okay but doesn't click in without that required slot.

Would love to hear if anyone else has heard or read this.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    I have to agree the Camp 9 is not easy to come by,both mine came from the EE and were the only ones i ever seen for sale here,so availability is definitely out,and my Non-restricted one took forever to find but was worth it to be able to take it anywhere,so it's not just a range toy,
    The Ruger PC will definitely be great to give more people a chance at a 9mm carbine option,my only complaint was about how clunky they are compared to a Camp 9,they definitely wont be breaking anytime soon,but you have to admit,a nice simple wood stocked non take down would be a great option to have.as for being the most popular 9mm carbine in Canada,i think the FX-9 might have a different opinion,if they ever get them,

The FX-9 has tons of potential to also be a great PCC. BUT, its not there yet. If it runs flawless it will be a top choice for the competition market with IPSC now recognizing PCC as a division. BUT, I wanted one now, I wanted a takedown rifle, and it is already super reliable, I can add my personal touches and still be less money so what's not to like.

Business Member RangeviewSports's Avatar
    Back in-stock at $799.99! Limited Quantities.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast