Thread: How proud of your IDPA / IPSC membership are you?

CGN Regular

How proud of your IDPA / IPSC membership are you?

Okay I got the memo about not putting a sig sauer sticker on my bumper. “Walk humbly”.
    But what about sharing my IDPA or IPSC membership publically? Like on Twitter LinkedIn or Youtube?
    Won’t bad guys figure out, hey that guy must own some guns... let’s scope his place?

Do you share your marksmanship skills publicly??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    There are IPSC and IDPA private groups on FB that you can join in your area. So you’re among like minded people. If you want to post generally, then it’s up to you.

The same “ bad guys” could be scoping out CGN. Only difference is they need to work a bit harder to find out who you are here vs. FB, Twitter etc.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

I post a lot of stuff on social media, FB IDPA group stuff etc. Everyone who knows me socially or is related to me knows my views on gun ownership,,and I have an inordinately large number of liberal family members,, so I like pissing them off quite a bit. I probably don't worry about it as much as I maybe should, but I just can't be bothered hiding stuff
    The only good lefty is a Stag Arms lefty

CGN Regular
    thanks the helpful tips folks.

Edgy - nice signature line. I just recently had to return my Serpa after seeing all the bad news about it...

CGN frequent flyer
    There are a gazillion ways for bad guys to find out where guns are. I don't think it's as big a deal as some make it out to be. I guess if you live in a tough neighborhood or whatever discretion may be wise, but in general I find it hard to believe thieves are following trucks with browning stickers. We all know most black market guns are smuggled in, the amount of domestically sourced firearms used in crime is negligible.

I posted a clip of myself at provincials. Funny enough many people I know seem to be more cool with my firearm hobby now than they were before. I used to keep it pretty quiet, but now I feel like I can steer most conversations towards rational discussions. The plus side has been getting to share this awesome hobby with others. I think that showing firearms ownership and competition in a good, professional light helps us.
    A fear of weapons from 80's action movies, not logic, created the disaster that is our firearms act.

Sure. Why not.
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone

Every time IDPA makes a capricious rule change, I'm less proud of my membership. :-(

It's rare enough to find Canadian gun owners who know what IDPA and IPSC are - I wouldn't worry about criminals deciphering acronyms.
    EOSC.ca