Marlin in .444 is back

Gravel Agency

Expired Industry Member
It's back!!

The long-awaited return of the 444 Marlin is finally here and more reliable than ever before. This hard-hitting big-bore rifle will shoot a lighter bullet, faster, with a flatter trajectory, more energy (inside 200 yards) and with less recoil than a 45-70 Govt. The 444 Marlin is perfect for medium-sized, thin-skinned game like whitetail deer all the way up to the big brutes like moose and elk.

FEATURES:
22" barrel, Ballard rifling
1:20" twist rate
Adjustable semi-buckhorn rear sights
Polished blue finish
Four round magazine (total capacity – 5)
American black walnut stock with pistol grip

40 1/2" long
70540_MFC_444_1200px.png

Finally got the correct rifling twist and and rifling style.Now if they got a handle on their QC.

This in a trapper version; glad to see that they brought the 444 back!

Yes! Are they making them in something other than the 22" barrel? A 16 to 18.5" barrel would be the cats meow!

I've been looking for a big-and-slow (comparatively) rifle to compliment my 270 and 7mm rem mag, one of these might be perfect. I've seriously considered the 45-70 but this looks even better!

Not much out there in .429 jacketed rifle bullets. Cast is great and all but not so much at 444 speeds, which kinda negates the benefits of the round....higher speed/flatter trajectory than 45/70. I sold my 444 a while back out of component availability frustrations.

Quite a few high performance factory offering, it will be good, i have no intention of reloading for the 444.

I have to 444, 45-70 and 30-30. Love them all. I hunt alone in Grizzly and Cougar country. With either of these bigger two, I have no concerns about whether I have enough juice to stop something with teeth running at me.

Have killed well over 30 deer with them and the only time that I wasted meat one time when I really messed up my shot.

Back
Top Bottom