Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PAL application process frustrating

The mood slowly became depressed again, because another month is about to pass, I still can't get PAL and RPAL. I am very helpless and angry. It’s been more than a year, I really didn’t expect the efficiency of the work to be so slow! Actually still not ashamed. I used to call RCMP to get the PAL number and I was able to buy an unrestricted gun online. The embarrassing thing is that my guns and various accessories have arrived, including bullets.
    The modification of the gun has been completed, but my PAL and RPAL have not been sent.
    I don't know if my wish can be realized, I received PAL and RPAL before my 2019 birthday, my birthday is in October...

I can't stand it anymore, just now I called RCMP again and again. The answer I got was that I couldn't receive the PAL within a short time due to the failure of the printing equipment. I was helpless.My current hopes are not received before my 2019 birthday. My thoughts have changed. I hope that I can receive it within the validity period of PAL.

Printing equipment failure? Is it because of the large number of printed new documents caused by the panic buying caused by AR Ban?

The 45 days is based on implicit approval at Miramichi. If you have been in Canada for less than 5 years OR If you have EVER been fingerprinted by the police and your file has not been closed OR If you have had police involvement that has generated a FIP OR if you answered YES to any personal history questions, the PROCESS STOPS. While it is a FEDERAL program, it is delivered at the PROVINCIAL level. The application gets sent back to the province of residence and assigned to a Firearms Officer for investigation.

FIP stands for "Firearms Interest Police" there are about 300 types of incidents and levels of involvement that will generate one.

Does anyone know how many CFO there are in each province?

I would sure hope it is more than one or two. Judging by how busy my safety course was and the statement from the training school that they have never been busier
    i can see the CFP being swamped with new applications.

a pipe dream but would be nice if folks waiting were given progress reports as the application moves along.

There is only one CFO per province. It is the Firearms Officers who process the licences that are not approved in Miramichi. UK how many there are per province. I know in Ontario there are Firearms Officers and Area Firearms Officers. The AFOs are all sworn police officers.

Thank you for your analysis. I got it at noon one year after I finished the exam. I did not live here for five years, but when I submitted the formalities, I have attached a certificate of no criminal record issued by my home country. They check that I can understand. However, this verification began only in December 2018. What have you been doing before? I do not know.

Hey guys, I'd like to apply for a Pal but my question is something similar to this guys case. I don't have 5 years of residency in Canada. Also, my country would only provide a y document in the official language so my question is, Do they accept the document translated? Could the document be the one used for immigration stating I have no criminal record or anything?
    I don't want to call the CFO just to understand this for now. If not possible a letter, my alternative is wait until I complete 5 years in CAN?
    Also, what this letter would have to mention if not that I haven't been sentenced to anything?
    Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by i86net View Post
    The mood slowly became depressed again, because another month is about to pass, I still can't get PAL and RPAL. I am very helpless and angry. It’s been more than a year, I really didn’t expect the efficiency of the work to be so slow! Actually still not ashamed. I used to call RCMP to get the PAL number and I was able to buy an unrestricted gun online. The embarrassing thing is that my guns and various accessories have arrived, including bullets.
    The modification of the gun has been completed, but my PAL and RPAL have not been sent.
    I don't know if my wish can be realized, I received PAL and RPAL before my 2019 birthday, my birthday is in October...
    Arrived where? Are you saying you were able to buy and take possession of firearms before you received your license? Go on...

Quote Originally Posted by Blintok57 View Post
    Does anyone know how many CFO there are in each province?

I would sure hope it is more than one or two. Judging by how busy my safety course was and the statement from the training school that they have never been busier
    i can see the CFP being swamped with new applications.

a pipe dream but would be nice if folks waiting were given progress reports as the application moves along.
    There is one Chief Firearms Officer per province. They are the head of the provincial Chief Firearms Office. Each province has their own number of staff that varies based on workload and provincial budget. Ontario's is the biggest, and at the same time most under funded CFO. PEI's CFO is so under worked that she apparently moonlights as a travel advisor. You can't make this up. https://www.linkedin.com/in/vivian-h...alSubdomain=ca

By making the PEI CFO give a progress report on the status of various applications as they move through the system (ie one persons desk), it would double the amount of time it takes to get anything done, transfers would still be approved in less than one day, and the taxpayers of PEI might get an honest two months of work out of her annual salary.

By making the ON CFO give a progress report on the status of various applications, you'd cause a strike at the CFOs, but not before 20% of the employees went on long term stress leave, and the processing time for a transfer would go from an already painful 3-5 weeks to never.

The real solution is to end the paper shuffling welfare racket known as CFOs and put an end to licensing and registration in its entirety.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    by making the ON CFO give a progress report on the status of various applications, you'd cause a strike at the CFOs, but not before 20% of the employees went on long term stress leave, and the processing time for a transfer would go from an already painful 3-5 weeks to never.
    The real solution is to end the paper shuffling welfare racket known as CFOs and put an end to licensing and registration in its entirety.
    ok. makes sense. But they must know >Something< when i called. In early June the BC CFO told me it would be "at least" two more months. So they must know where in the process my app is at. If they work on apps in order of receipt. It would be helpful if they could just say they are currently working on Xmonth/xday. So if i called in early June they can say as an example, they are currently working on apps received in mid April.

But in a perfect world, doing away with this whole process would be much better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast