Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PAL application process frustrating

I'm coming up on 2 years since I took the course and mailed my application in BC. The only thing I checked was that I had a peace bond issued to me just over 3 years before taking the course. I disclosed the information and told them to contact me if they have any questions or concerns. I call monthly to get the same vague response that the CFO has my application and to please remain patient. well, 2 years is an awful long time to be patient. So I reached out to the CCFR and told them my case. They told me I could try to get in touch with my local MP, which I already did. They were useless. But the CCFR told me that if trying to get help from MP doesn't work, you can take the RCMP to court. I asked what I would be charging them with. They told me I would be seeking a mandamus order. In short, and mandamus order is a court order telling public services, like the RCMP, to do their job instead of sitting down on the job. So when I call in next week, I'm going to tell them that I know of this order, and if I don't hear back from them by October 31st, I'm seeking legal assistance in getting this order to serve them.

Update

I just got a call from the CFO today informing me that my application was approved. YAY!!!! Only took them 25 months. But hey, at least they're screening people, which I approve of.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234