Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Field Stripping Restricted Firearms for Storage

Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    ^^^ He probably had them prior to his wife moving in.
    Still, wtf? My wife knew I had guns within the first couple weeks of us dating, better to find the deal-breaker at the start then after you're married.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheedgeman View Post
    Edit: Let's say you field strip it and assemble once a week.
    Let's say you don't. This is over-maintenance, like stripping your car engine once a week.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

There are three reasons to do this: 1) spousal; 2) safety; and 3) social.
    1. Spousal: if my wife finds out there is a gun in the house, she will not be pleased. If there are gun PARTS in the house, that's a different thing entirely. Few people/kids know how to assemble a gun. So regularly disassembling the gun resolve this issue for me.
    2. Safety. Yes, I lock my gun in a safe. Yes, I lock the case. Yes, I have a trigger lock. I am more concerned that the kids would take my car for a joyride than somehow breaking through three layers of locks. However, if for some strange reason they really WANTED to break through layers... the ultimate "lock" is disassembling the gun.
    3. Social. In uber liberal areas, if kids friends parents find out there is a gun in a kid's house, that may be the end of the friendship. If we say the gun is not assembled, different argument entirely.

In terms of losing small parts - what small parts?? A glock taken apart is 4 pieces. A CZ... not sure... a Sig... 4 as well?
    You really think you're wife is that stupid? That she wouldn't know there are guns in the house, if she finds parts? Because honestly why would you have pistol parts for a "gun" you don't have stored.

Well train your kids better. Hide the keys. If they gain access to your firearms. Without your knowledge, I would be cracking them over the knuckles.

So what does taking apart your guns going to help defuse the situation with liberals?
    I'm a firearm owner. BUT just wait. They're apart so they're safe.

If your friends break relationship over what you own. Then they're were not their friends.

Well look at how many ads' for Cooey bolts. Because people take them out for storage and forget. They're fairly large parts to miss.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    OK I must be the only one. For long term storage like when I am going south for a month. I take my firearms apart and store the parts separately in different room in different concealed locked container. I do it for security reasons.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
    OK I must be the only one. For long term storage like when I am going south for a month. I take my firearms apart and store the parts separately in different room in different concealed locked container. I do it for security reasons.
    You'd be better off simply not telling people that you go south for a month, for security reasons.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcats View Post
    My question would be WHY ? There's always a chance of losing or misplacing small parts !

Maybe he wants to become "one" with his new pistola?
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Also if you're lying about storing firearms. What else are you lying about?
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN frequent flyer
    There are three reasons to do this: 1) spousal; 2) safety; and 3) social.
    1. Spousal: if my wife finds out there is a gun in the house, she will not be pleased. If there are gun PARTS in the house, that's a different thing entirely. Few people/kids know how to assemble a gun. So regularly disassembling the gun resolve this issue for me.
    2. Safety. Yes, I lock my gun in a safe. Yes, I lock the case. Yes, I have a trigger lock. I am more concerned that the kids would take my car for a joyride than somehow breaking through three layers of locks. However, if for some strange reason they really WANTED to break through layers... the ultimate "lock" is disassembling the gun.
    3. Social. In uber liberal areas, if kids friends parents find out there is a gun in a kid's house, that may be the end of the friendship. If we say the gun is not assembled, different argument entirely.

In terms of losing small parts - what small parts?? A glock taken apart is 4 pieces. A CZ... not sure... a Sig... 4 as well?
    1. Spousal: if this is an issue for you, there are bigger things wrong in your relationship than whether a gun is assembled or disassembled.

2. Safety: you figure that your kids can get through 3 locks to access your firearm, but can't find assembly instructions on the Internet? How about just teaching them to respect firearms--demystify it so they don't have the driving urge to access it behind your back.

3. Social: if the "kids friends parents" are so uptight about your personal property, do you really want your family associating with theirs anyway? Do you really think in "uber liberal areas" they care if a gun is assembled or not?

The gun parts are meant to be together--keep them that way. There are better and more useful answers to each of your reasons to store disassembled.
    Remember High River! Who's protecting YOUR civil rights?

Bernier...who?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Better just send me your guns for indefinite storage.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Maybe he wants to become "one" with his new pistola?
    Rob
    FLHTCUI you always have the answer !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast