Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Field Stripping Restricted Firearms for Storage

I had my safe open and my daughter walked in and took a look. She said (loudly): "What??? You have so many!!"
    I told her to be quiet because mom will hear and my wife replied that she knows I'm ready for WW3.

You should take your wife, kids and liberal friends to the shooting range. Then feel better about leaving the tools in working order. You know in case of the zombies.
    CCFR, CSSA

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnInAz View Post
    I like my guns useful ...
    ^^^ This I clean them regularly but keep them in a functional state.. and secure

1. Spousal: if my wife finds out there is a gun in the house, she will not be pleased.
    Get her a PAL coarse for Christmas. Even if she doesn't want to shot. Tell her a least she will have the knowledge she needs to be safe around guns.
    Ending friendships because you have a few firearms locked in your home....you need to get to the range a bit more.

CGN Regular
    Wow some helpful thoughts here. Thanks folks.

BirdCity, yes, obviously hiding the gun is *possibly* symptomatic of other issues in our marriage... maybe we're working on those... maybe not... one thing at a time though.

For most Liberal people not aware of how guns work, they would feel a lot more comfortable if a gun was taken apart and rendered basically useless. I might not want to be friends with those folks, but if kids want different friends, well, I don't wanna discourage politically diverse play groups...

Anyhow, the comments about keeping guns "useful"... has anyone ever done a practice drill, how long would it take you to get your gun ready if you heard 3 am noises?

I like the idea of getting my wife a PAL course...

Well if someone legally owns a firearm let them store it as they wish... as along as they are meeting the requirements for safe storage.

So your going to keep your gun ownership a secret from your wife but somehow your kid's friend's parents are going to know?

CGN Regular
    I thought that a condition of pal was that you spouse had to be aware of you owning firearms

I had my doubts but after ontheedgeman said he'll assemble his guns in the middle of the night when he hears the door getting kicked I now know he has been trolling us this whole thread.

A gun vs gun pieces sounds like a distinction without a difference.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast