Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Field Stripping Restricted Firearms for Storage

Number 1 if your gun is put away according to storage requirements, how would anyone even know you have it?

It takes but 3 seconds to insert the clip one I have the gun in my hand

Quote Originally Posted by ontheedgeman View Post
    Wow some helpful thoughts here. Thanks folks.

BirdCity, yes, obviously hiding the gun is *possibly* symptomatic of other issues in our marriage... maybe we're working on those... maybe not... one thing at a time though.

For most Liberal people not aware of how guns work, they would feel a lot more comfortable if a gun was taken apart and rendered basically useless. I might not want to be friends with those folks, but if kids want different friends, well, I don't wanna discourage politically diverse play groups...

Anyhow, the comments about keeping guns "useful"... has anyone ever done a practice drill, how long would it take you to get your gun ready if you heard 3 am noises?

I like the idea of getting my wife a PAL course...
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Another reason why my bride of near 40 years is definitely a keeper.
    Member- NRA NFA CSSA CCFR CSC

Quote Originally Posted by ontheedgeman View Post
    Never said that. I was wondering who could unlock their assembled guns in a reasonable amount of time.
    To the US Guy, a locked handgun in Canada would take at least 60 seconds I think.
    Hornady Rapid Safe on bedside table....RFID unlocking mechanism. Handgun and loaded mag stored legally...2-3 seconds to wake up, Less than a second to open the safe, less than 3 seconds to load and make ready. Under 10 seconds from waking up to having a loaded gun in hand.

Wife can't get mad if they are in pieces, I see what you did there...Clever girl.

To the OP, I think the general consensus is that your reasons for storing your firearms in pieces (By your logic I assume nonrestricteds would also need to be taken apart) isn’t something most people think of.

It’s not to belittle you or say you can’t do it, it’s just that your rationale doesn’t make sense to many of us (kind of like saying you should store your car in pieces so your kids don’t take it for a joyride instead of just making sure they can’t get the keys).

Feel free to store them as you wish, and if it makes you, your wife and your friends feel safer, then that’s great.

CGN frequent flyer
    If you're not honest with your wife, don't expect it in return from her. Tell her if she doesn't already know.

If you kids are a concern, train them on the safe use and handling of firearms, and bring your Mrs along too for the family event. If she becomes familiar with them it will take away a lot of the stigma she has about firearms, a lot of which stems from unfamiliarity. Things like firearms aren't a tempting mystery if the kids are granted properly supervised access to them and taken out shooting. If you're not involving your family in the sport then you're one step away from being an anti by capitulating to them. Don't capitulate, instead, grow our ranks.

There’s not many reasons a wife would be uneasy about her husband owning guns. I think she is doing something behind your back that she knows would make you very very angry if you found out.

CGN Regular
    Well,I take bolts out of the rifles and barrels ( not pinned ones ) out of my handguns and store them separately in one cabinet away from firearms. I do it not because of my wife but in case somebody breaks in my house. They would not be able to use my firearms. Locking in the safe doesn't prevent that. The robbers just can carry the safe out of the house.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456