Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Field Stripping Restricted Firearms for Storage

Quote Originally Posted by ontheedgeman View Post
    Wow some helpful thoughts here. Thanks folks.

BirdCity, yes, obviously hiding the gun is *possibly* symptomatic of other issues in our marriage... maybe we're working on those... maybe not... one thing at a time though.

For most Liberal people not aware of how guns work, they would feel a lot more comfortable if a gun was taken apart and rendered basically useless. I might not want to be friends with those folks, but if kids want different friends, well, I don't wanna discourage politically diverse play groups...

Anyhow, the comments about keeping guns "useful"... has anyone ever done a practice drill, how long would it take you to get your gun ready if you heard 3 am noises?

I like the idea of getting my wife a PAL course...
    Most liberal people don't care, except they heard the word GUN. So doesn't matter if its rendered useless. IT can still be put back together. You don't want to discourage diverse play groups. But you're the one that worried, what they may think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Plus View Post
    I had my doubts but after ontheedgeman said he'll assemble his guns in the middle of the night when he hears the door getting kicked I now know he has been trolling us this whole thread.
    I barely can walk down the stairs first thing in the morning to go Pee. Let alone be able to undo a safe, a case and a trigger lock, and assemble 4 parts, After going not the right barrel, not the right one. OHHH.. there she is... Then where did I put the mags?

Most people cannot function at 3am after waking up in a instant. So assembling them would be useless.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

For most Liberal people not aware of how guns work, they would feel a lot more comfortable if a gun was taken apart and rendered basically useless.
    Since liberals think that guns can pull their own triggers without the help of a human, I'm sure it's not that much of a stretch for a firearm to assemble itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcats View Post
    FLHTCUI you always have the answer !
    Its in the fingers I tells you , its in the fingers.
    I wonder if he has signed up for operator training yet?
    To the Op, practice makes perfect, just leave the ammo in the box when you are practicing your disassembly in the dark drill.
    Buddies Dad was SAS and they had to field strip and re-assemble firearms blind folded and prove for function when the firearm was re-assembled.
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Last edited by FLHTCUI; 12-21-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    If the CGNers I know personally fieldstripped and stored the pieces separately, they’ll need a bigger safe and house....or you might find a slide in the ice tray.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Originally from Nova Scotia - now in Oklahoma USA after decade in Arizona
    ... Anyhow, the comments about keeping guns "useful"... has anyone ever done a practice drill, how long would it take you to get your gun ready if you heard 3 am noises? ...
    I made a "useful" comment so I'll answer ... yes I've practiced. I'm a heavy sleeper but assume the bump in night (or more lilely three dogs stirring) has woken me. From feet on floor to shotgun behind bedroom door, rack shell from tube to chamber ... about 20 seconds. From feet on floor to 1911 where it sits on bureau at night with full mag in, rack it ... about 10 seconds. Sometimes my carry is in same spot, chambered but in holster ... so about same time.
    Western Nova Scotia Regiment 81 & 82. Royal Canadian Air Force 82 to 94
    NRA member, Certified Instructor, Certified RSO. USPSA member, NROI certified Range Officer
    A few guns around here - what would you expect of a CanadianGunNut in US

Since you’re not bound by our idiotic laws, why don’t you just have the 1911 next to your bed rather than a bureau 10s away?
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Since you’re not bound by our idiotic laws, why don’t you just have the 1911 next to your bed rather than a bureau 10s away?
    well, I am sort of wonky when first wake up. The time and steps to walk across room ensures I am fully awake and aware before placing hand on gun. My little safeguard.
    NRA member, Certified Instructor, Certified RSO. USPSA member, NROI certified Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by CdnInAz View Post
    well, im sort of wonky when first wake up. The time and steps to walk across room ensures I'm fully awake and aware before placing hand on gun. My little safeguard.
    What if, all else fails, and the baddie is 7s from your bureau...and wide awake?
    CCFR CPC

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    What if, all else fails, and the baddie is 7s from your bureau...and wide awake?
    well guess I'm screwed. Yep, valid point. But we live in country with three dogs in our bedroom. Not guard dogs but they stir for slightest noise, especially one that is mostly Belgian Malinois, and when he stirs the other two follow.

I just know I tend to be jumpy when first stirred so need seconds to get awake.

Ironic that a grown man can set a standard for his safe use of firearm without government telling him.
    Last edited by CdnInAz; 12-21-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Well, still better to be you than us here. I’m definitely more than 10s away, assuming I find my glasses and keys to the safe!
    My dog sleeps more soundly than me!
    CCFR CPC

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast