Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTA S Ontario M14 Clinic CDN Gunworkx Oshawa, Saturday 23 Feb 2019 Debrief here!

Business Member

GTA S Ontario M14 Clinic CDN Gunworkx Oshawa, Saturday 23 Feb 2019 Debrief here!

I’m back in the Shwa once again! I love these CDN Gunworkx folks! This time I can only take 15 M14 lovers. It gets very tight there. Don’t worry, I am working on a March date also ....

Where:

CDN Gun Works in Oshawa.....
    18-712 Wilson Road South
    L1H 8R3 Oshawa, Ontario

When:

Saturday 23 February 2019

Timings:

1000 - 1600 hrs. This will match the store hours

Cost:

$60 for the DAY

Registration and Payment:

EMT the $60 to me with this information:

Name: Tactical Teacher
    Question: What was your OLD CGN handle? I was not always tacticalteacher, you know.
    Answer: hungry (low caps, no spaces) that way I cannot screw things up
    Email: hungry556 AT bell.net

Somewhere in the EMT, remind me of your CGN handle AND which clinic it's for (PR or CQB or M14)

RBC tweaked my EMT software into direct deposit...so EMT process may be shorter!

What is involved:

- Tools for tweaking, tools to avoid, tools that are nice to have but expensive, tools that are overrated and too expensive
    - Gadgets that are nice to have, need to have, and useless to have (but I had to buy it to show you)
    - Tools that you can make yourself instead of buying, tools that you can have buddies (owe you favors) make up for you
    - Stripping the boomstick (you will be surprised at what I can show you)
    - YES we will try to pull your rear sights apart, and then get serious with them
    - Assembling the boomstick, and what to look for so that worthwhile tweaks can be or should be made
    - Tweaks that work, tweaks that don't work, expensive tweaks so yer dick does not fall off
    - Useless tweaks unless you have more money than shooting ability (many stories to follow at the clinic)
    - Common pitfalls, expensive tweaks that work, more ways to ensure that yer dick don't fall off
    - Lunch and then tweaking in the afternoon to tighten up your prized M14
    - Lots of networking and socializing all the time. This is priceless.
    - I am Set up to do indexing....have my large hitch mounted vise and pickup truck!

Things to bring for Day 1:

* Your M14 rifle or receiver(s) with barrel(s) to be installed
    * Your M14 (or two if you got them)
    * Notebook, pens, digital camera, rags,
    * Ball peen hammer, Allen keys SAE and Metric
    * Punches, screwdrivers, more punches
    * Plastic or rubber mallet, wood block or 2 or 3
    * Masking tape, duct tape
    * Anybody got a Black and Decker Workmate? Bring it along, leave it inside the car/truck until we need it.
    * Wanna assemble your IDF Parts kit from Wolverine? We can do that, too!

Questions?

Bring them on!

Cheers and warm regards,

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 02-24-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Business Member
    Saved for attendance list:

1) Tom1
    2) Tom2
    3) CAD
    4) Elmonty457
    5) mangun
    6) Jeff
    7) akaryan
    8) just have fun
    9) proceed
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)

Waiting List:

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 02-21-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Business Member
    Tom1:

I got it all done last night while the Leafs were ahead 5-1 and then Mariner put the sixth goal past Reimer. You and your bud are good to go for the 23 Feb Clinic.
    Now to get working on the 2019 Precision Rifle dates in Garrison Petawawa

Cheers
    Barney

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Tom1:

I got it all done last night while the Leafs were ahead 5-1 and then Mariner put the sixth goal past Reimer. You and your bud are good to go for the 23 Feb Clinic.
    Now to get working on the 2019 Precision Rifle dates in Garrison Petawawa

Cheers
    Barney
    Thanks very much Barney!!

Tom
    12(6)TAHA-->TSA-->TMC-->LTVFG OHA-->CSSA&CCFR
    ***We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we ARE encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.***Firearms owners in Canada are like the Jews of 1930s Europe. We are harmless, but there's no effective opposition to cynical legislation depriving us of our property and freedom.***

Business Member
    Just a few more sleeps and the weather looks great for us to drive!

Any rebarreling jobs to get done / built / assembled ??

Cheers, Barney

CGN Regular
    I don't see myself on this list. I called the store and requested a spot, so I hope that is well. 10am meet at store in Oshawa this Sat?
    Thanks,
    Jason

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proceed View Post
    I don't see myself on this list. I called the store and requested a spot, so I hope that is well. 10am meet at store in Oshawa this Sat?
    Thanks,
    Jason
    Okay, this is a first. Of course you can’t / don’t see your name on my list. Hahahahaha. Once you send the killer sky high super expensive cost of $60 to me by EMT I will get you down on my list.

As you can see, we are gonna have a greater learning session due to a nice comfortable class size!

Cheers, Barney

OK Barney, a non-M14, but gastronomical question here. I've only been to Gunworx for the PR Reloading Clinic you and Ryan did there a while back, but lunch was already included in the cost. For the lower price of this clinic, I wasn't expecting lunch included, so question is: Are we stepping out for lunch, or should we bring a brown bag lunch (and drinks) with us?, to stay on premises and save time? Just wondering.
    Cheers.

Business Member
    The answer is YES!

We break around 12ish for an hour. Many brown bag and many step out to Subway or Timmy’s. We are not far from Bloor Street where the businesses are located.

I stay on station to answer anybody’s questions.....

One more sleep!! My truck is packed. I have the cheater bar and also the 2” hitch mounted vise. I have all my tools and punches. I’m hoping you handy dudes brought big hammers, NO cabinet makers’ hammers, get real MEN hammers !

I’ve got the pull through reamer in 308 if anyone has a barrel to install. Last clinic we had several barrels installed and all of them were usgi and no final or finish reaming was needed.

Your thoughts?? Bring on the questions!

It’s gonna be a great driving day tomorrow!

Cheers, Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer just having some fun's Avatar
    Had lots of fun and learned a bunch of new stuff

Thanks Hungry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast