Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTA S Ontario M14 Clinic CDN Gunworkx Oshawa, Saturday 23 Feb 2019 Debrief here!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by just having some fun View Post
    Had lots of fun and learned a bunch of new stuff

Thanks Hungry
    So glad you ad a pile of fun and then learned more. That’s always great. Thanks for the super words. I got home for 2130 hours last night, I had to unload my M14 gear and reload the truck with 5 Air rifles , shooting mats, and scopes! We had some sort of zone or region air rifle competition in Orangeville early today (Sunday morning). Another early start this weekend.

I had a riot at the clinic sharing the knowledge and love of the M14 platform once again! I’m so pleased we were able to put together a few IDF parts kits and get your dreams rolling along. Super happy that we indexed a couple of barrels and then installed three Garand barrels all at the same Go.

And finally the last job was cutting a chamber or finish reading that newly installed 308 barrel, so cool to get these jobs done at the CDN Gunworkx shop!

Thanks to the family for letting us use that facility once again! We are back there on Saturday 30 March...hope we can get your build happening for yo

Also big thanks to Cameron for his help. We are a great team!

Cheers, Barney

Thanks for running another great M14 clinic Barney. That was my 3rd one, and each time I learned some new things. This time, I really enjoyed seeing the chamber reaming done on the other fellow's rifle. Never seen it done before, and it was very enlightening, to see how it can be done fairly easily with the right tools. I also learned about the hit and miss quality of the Norc M305 front sights, hah, hah, when I had initially suspected a possible error in the barrel indexing (turned out not so). So now I know my stock Norc sight is crap and that a good USGI front sight (with dovetail flats milled on the proper level datum) should fix the problem. Thanks to the Gunworx folks too, as they always are great hosts, and it's a great place to have workshops like that one. Once I get further along with one of my Garand projects down the road, I'll probably attend another.
    Cheers.

It was a sweet ride, definitely learned a lot and will consider attending again for sure! Big thanks to Barney, Cameron, and Gunworx for hosting it! There was a student who handed out to everyone a small bolt roller lubrication tool he made from spent .45 casings, I didn't catch your name, but thank you for doing it! It was a great crowd where everyone helped each other out! Looking forward to attend again, or any one of Barney's other clinics.
    Cheers
    "Once they are gone, they are gone." -- Anonymous Sales Rep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12