Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petawawa GC and TacticalTeacher 2019 Season Series - DATES Posted...

Business Member

Petawawa GC and TacticalTeacher 2019 Season Series - DATES Posted...

Wow, it seems I just said goodbye tearfully at my most recent PR5 Match and here we are generating a fun-filled program along with my peer Match Directors ; Ryan-Mcle, Rickster66, ChalkRiver2, and Sentry Heather...

ChalkRiver2 has partnered up with us to bring a very full shooting schedule for you serious competition aficionados, down below is MY program calendar. I have not posted the CRPS involvement since that’s a current work in progress. The PRS matches by Ryan-Mcle are being hammered out as we speak.

Let’s get the dates out now....

27-28 April PR1

04-05 May CQB clinic....last year 2018, this was the ONLY CQB clinic in Ontario, we tried in Borden...

22-23 June PR2

06-07 July PR3

24-25 August PR4

30 ish Aug - 06 ish Sep NSCC by DCRA.ca in Connaught Ranges, Ottawa

07-08 September Meaford LRSC

12-13 Oct PR5

CQB Clinic:

The CQB Clinics are designed to get you started (possibly become an expert ) into the local CQB Matches hosted by expert match directors "Memnoch" and "dink27". Memnoch is the Match Director for the Quebec based matches and dink27 is the Match Director for the ORA Matches at Base Borden on Langemark Range. What's not to like?

Just for the newbies, a video of what you can expect at my CQB clinics!

Much thanks for AB CQB shooter adriel.....

The ORA will host their own clinic around early April. If you cannot make it to those clinics, I will be running them 27-28 April 2019. These clinics at Base Petawawa's Echo Range will certainly save you a long drive (if you live in the Ottawa Valley Region). For you GTA budding CQB shooters, can you say “Road Trip?” Honestly there exist a whole pile of GTA CQB lovers who make the trip to Garrison Petawawa and enjoy the wonderful drive up to Bancroft, Combermere, and Barry’s Bay to Petawawa area. You city folk will love this drive...

And of course for my AB brethren in arms, I am happy to be back at CDTSA Milo Range in AB once again...

PR - Precision Rifle Weekends

Now about those PR Weekends, we have had several seasons running these events and we have experienced great fun....

These match weekends will consist of the Saturday Zeroing "walk back". We start by confirming zeroes at 100m/yd and then walk back to 600m/yd. By the end of the Saturday practice, you will obtain your DOPE (data obtained from previous experience) for your rig, load, bullet, settings, etc, etc, etc. Where else can you get that known distance shooting established all in one day?

On the Sunday, we will shoot these matches, found in the www.dcra.ca course of fire / rulebook.... you can download the rulebook at the DCRA site!

200 m/yd Rapid Follow Up
    300 m/yd Agony Snap
    500 m/yd Snap commonly called "Targets of Opportunity"
    600 m/yd Deliberate commonly called "One shot, one kill"

Oh yeah, that's all found in the DCRA NSCC rule book! I did not make them up!

So start marking your calendars and reloading some booolits for the coming season. At least this year I’ve given you all three months head start unlike last season when I was working in Construction and Fiber Optic Installation when things we touch and go for the early 2017 Season. This year we are back for more....

Cheers

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 12-24-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks for posting so I can start planning. Really looking forward to season 2.
    Last edited by IPPA162; 06-27-2019 at 06:39 PM.

what's NSCC?

Quote Originally Posted by Junior37c View Post
    what's NSCC?
    Dominion of Canada Rifle Association (DCRA) National Service Conditions Championship (NSCC), held annually at Connaught Ranges in Ottawa in late Aug/early Sep.
    Two days of service pistol, two days of precision rifle (the old sniper matches), and 4 days of service rifle.
    Have a look at the DCRA.ca web site for the rule book which has all the match conditions and course of fire.

Super GunNutz
    When will registration for the CQB Clinic open?

GunNutz
    PR weekends
    Very excited.
    This is my year to be there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelldrake View Post
    Dominion of Canada Rifle Association (DCRA) National Service Conditions Championship (NSCC), held annually at Connaught Ranges in Ottawa in late Aug/early Sep.
    Two days of service pistol, two days of precision rifle (the old sniper matches), and 4 days of service rifle.
    Have a look at the DCRA.ca web site for the rule book which has all the match conditions and course of fire.
    Thanks man. That'd be a good time, back to back with Meaford too would be a hell of a busy time.

Calendar is marked, let us know prices and I will send in an emt

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottawafireguy View Post
    When will registration for the CQB Clinic open?
    We will worry about that once the snows begin melting, actually it’s 11 degrees Celsius right now....hahahahaeek:

Keep your eyes posted here. Honestly, I’ll get working on it for the coming February 2019 thaw!

Cheers, Barney.

sound like at least 2 trips to petawawa this year. looking forward

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast